911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

1980 Bob Holcombe Built Price Check

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 11:54 PM
Lrburke11
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1980 Bob Holcombe Built Price Check

I'm trying to gain a little insight of what this car is worth currently, a friend of mine that owned this car passed away a couple weeks ago. I don't know much about what has been done to this 930. So I googled the Vin and managed to find the previous auction [linked below] for this car back in 2011 when my friend bought it. It's been garage kept and regularly maintained since he purchased it. It has around 22k miles on it. Any insight on what the value would be, would greatly be appreciated.

http://www.usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/Item...=2%2F25%2F2011
Attached Images   
Old 06-14-2016, 12:34 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

I am sorry to post without giving you a good estimate on worth,...

But I just LMAO when I read through that entire auction write-up.

especially this part:

"My wife scolded me for not fixing the paint on front hood before selling. She is a real looker SOooooo I sometimes listen to her.... another change - highest bidder will automatically receive a refund to paint front hood and renew front spoiler so its like new - that way your wife want talk chit either. I will pay for the paint/ fix deal. Wont cost more than a couple of hundred - so I will throw in a grand if need be. Oh - less God is listening. If you think he car requires a tune up- I will pay for one as well, BUT it has to be from a top notch shop."

OMG I am rolling on the ground...
Old 06-14-2016, 10:04 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Without knowing whether the car runs or not would make it a bit of a challenge to give you an estimate. Now with that said Holcombe was one of the best when it came to modifying these cars. The old ad does state that the car received a $37k engine and tranny restoration. Was it Holcombe that did the work, if so why if it had previously received a $60k motor build. If not who did the work? If I were you, I would have the car inspected, started and perform the following..leak down and compression test. Pretty much get your own ppi done on it. Locate all receipts and paperwork. This way you know if the car is healthy. So if everything is kosher...I would start the bidding at $75k and see where it goes
Old 06-16-2016, 12:07 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

60-75k without more info.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:52 PM
Jherriott
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wish there were more pics. That color looks like a stunner if the light was right.

Quick Reply: 1980 Bob Holcombe Built Price Check