911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

five hunded horses?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 06:43 PM
kevingen2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default five hunded horses?

Is it possible to get close to five hundred hpr and if so what mods are needed with 3.3 liter??
Old 10-28-2014, 10:33 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes it is possible. I have 500WHP with these mods. 930-s longneck turbokraft intercooler package w/ bmc air filter 933 style 2 bar boost gauge SDF pistin skirts w/ 911 piston ring set Full port and polished head w/ valve job performance valves w/ viton seals ARP headstuds SDF bearing set magnuflux crankshaft arp rod bolts motorsport timing chains w/o master link 993 oil pressure springs AEM engine management system w/ sequential injection and ignition, single plug CDI, lambda, twin knock sensors, low/high boost control, and complete rear fuel system Twin knock sensor assembly 993 flywheel and clutch assembly Garret gt35 dual ball bearing turbo Porsche 993 brembo brakes front and rear. Also have twin plug, EFI setup with Carrera manifold.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
Yes it is possible. I have 500WHP with these mods. 930-s longneck turbokraft intercooler package w/ bmc air filter 933 style 2 bar boost gauge SDF pistin skirts w/ 911 piston ring set Full port and polished head w/ valve job performance valves w/ viton seals ARP headstuds SDF bearing set magnuflux crankshaft arp rod bolts motorsport timing chains w/o master link 993 oil pressure springs AEM engine management system w/ sequential injection and ignition, single plug CDI, lambda, twin knock sensors, low/high boost control, and complete rear fuel system Twin knock sensor assembly 993 flywheel and clutch assembly Garret gt35 dual ball bearing turbo Porsche 993 brembo brakes front and rear. Also have twin plug, EFI setup with Carrera manifold.
Good list of much of the stuff a guy should do to support high HP and not blow a hole in things. No mention of what level of boost you're running, though. Gotta be 1.2 bar I would guess.

To get to the HP question, fueling is the first most important thing as stock CIS isn't really designed to support that level of power without at the very least doing fuel head flow modifications. EFI would be the best approach, as Heat'n'cool has listed. The rest is cams, air flow (intake and exhaust) intercooler and turbo selection. It doesn't really take a whole lot to push close to 400 hp using stock CIS, but going beyond that takes additional $effort$.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:43 PM
kevingen2
Intermediate

Holy crud,sounds like you really have a monster on youre hands,do you think its possible running the stock cis if not does any one know if it can be modified for more fuel consumtion?How long have you had youre 930?sounds bad ***
Old 10-28-2014, 11:50 PM
kevingen2
Intermediate

Mark you seem to have alot of knowledge,what i really would like to do is modify the cis to gain fuel since i have done everything else,i dont want to take reliability out of the car and want to keep that stock appearance,is this something a lame brain like myself can do???
Old 10-29-2014, 12:26 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Houghton
Good list of much of the stuff a guy should do to support high HP and not blow a hole in things. No mention of what level of boost you're running, though. Gotta be 1.2 bar I would guess. To get to the HP question, fueling is the first most important thing as stock CIS isn't really designed to support that level of power without at the very least doing fuel head flow modifications. EFI would be the best approach, as Heat'n'cool has listed. The rest is cams, air flow (intake and exhaust) intercooler and turbo selection. It doesn't really take a whole lot to push close to 400 hp using stock CIS, but going beyond that takes additional $effort$.
Sorry Mark forgot to mention boost!!. Yes 1.2 bar on high boost setting. Car was built by TurboKraft last year. "Low" boost is 465whp at 1 bar. Very happy with the quality and build.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:52 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kevingen2
Holy crud,sounds like you really have a monster on youre hands,do you think its possible running the stock cis if not does any one know if it can be modified for more fuel consumtion?How long have you had youre 930?sounds bad ***
Like Mark said over 400hp it really gets expensive to run cis. For an engine running this much hp you will need fuel which is why I went to EFI with twin plug. Works great car runs like a champ.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:05 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
Sorry Mark forgot to mention boost!!. Yes 1.2 bar on high boost setting. Car was built by TurboKraft last year. "Low" boost is 465whp at 1 bar. Very happy with the quality and build.
PM sent.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Kevin, you're going to regret ever asking! Go here for some head spinning reading, especially if you have limited knowledge on how CIS actually works: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-9...ight=fuel+head
CISflowtech http://www.cisflowtech.com/ is one outfit that can modify and adjust your fuel head to flow more fuel.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:48 PM
jwl
Rennlist Member

Ten years or so ago I got the itch for big horse power and at the time figured it could be done for about 10 large. Question I got is, What's the price tag for 500 WHP these days?
Old 10-30-2014, 12:11 AM
kevingen2
Intermediate

Mark,thanks for the good read,have you tried what is being said?if so how did it work out?Also how do i become a paying member
Old 10-30-2014, 12:14 AM
kevingen2
Intermediate

Jwl,I did all my engine work a long time ago,so i really am not sure but i would asume to prob double,by the way all of youre guys cars are freekin amazing...
Old 10-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kevingen2
Mark,thanks for the good read,have you tried what is being said?if so how did it work out?Also how do i become a paying member
That particular posting was just good brain-storming on what a person might could do to get more fuel by changing the voltage that the WUR sees - but with some real limiting factors. Really, the discussion was amongst several folks that understand the CIS fuel delivery system intimately and had some good pointers on how to squeeze out more HP.

Both Rennlist and Pelican have some very seasoned individuals that can guide you through most anything. I tend to lurk around Pelican a bit more because it's more of a DIY community. Rennlist lately seems to focus more on topics of the car's worth, etc. I belong to both and steel shamelessly the information that I need.

Join up with the Pelicanites, too. Just register in the upper left hand corner of the tool bar.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:49 PM
kevingen2
Intermediate

Mark do you know where i can get a lightened flywheel,i was going to get one from figanza but they only sell them for a 5 speed,really this is the only thing to get then i can reinstall eng and trans.Thanks
Old 11-01-2014, 01:32 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

500hp can be done....but too many chase hp. Reliability should be your #1 goal. In order to get 500hp while keeping your engine reliable will require proper planning. Efi will probably be used..some say cis can take you there....but again it has to be done with reliability as the priority.

I have 410whp with a .8 bar. My car has 3.4l twin plug, custom cams,garret gt35r,port and polished heads,Ruf intercooler,ghl exhaust and Ruf muffler....it's being managed by a Motec M84 ecu(efi). My plans are to run a 1bar but no more. My limitation is the Ruf intercooler...but due to nostalgic reasons...I'm sticking with it for now

Quick Reply: five hunded horses?