Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

New owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:12 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You may have bad fuel pump(s), ESP if the red relays are hot to the touch.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:51 PM
dave964diver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well took the car around rsr engineering today, Russel ran through how the system worked and let me do the spannering myself. Checked the ignition wires - all good checked the metering body- good, warm up regulator brand new and tested it proved perfect.

Right turns out the dizzy was installed a full cog out of alignment making timing impossible! Removed dizzy shifted a cog into retard direction which effectively gave enough adjustment to properly time the dizzy. Did the timing. That pretty much sorted the misfire.

Fueling problems were found to be loose wires and an old relay. The yellow one in the rear quater. This is what caused the fueling to stop until things cooled down. But.....

While I was in there did a leak down test, all good except cylinder no. 3 40% leaksown !!!

Think an exhaust valve guide has gone so guess a top end rebuild is on the cards. Damn it looked so promising!

We did all this in a couple hours Great anther excuse to document a build. Not sure if there's a turbo rebuild on here but I'll be taking photos etc. transmission will be rebuild while everything's out and so will the clutch. Cars running much better now but popping on the overrun due to that exhaust valve I think.

Good news is no rot and a solid chassis. Paint needs sorting mind.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:03 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd not worry about doing the top end until it really becomes symptomatic. They all need it, just a question of when.......

Quick Reply: New owner