GT Purely Porsche article

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 06:03 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post GT Purely Porsche article

GT Purely Porsche article
Hi guys, I wrote this to the editorial of Gt Purely Porsche magazine regarding their Dec 2001 on a supposedly "Ruf 911 Turbo"

Attn: GT Purely Porsche
REec 2001 issue on Ruf 911/930 Turbo.

Dear Sir,

I must admit that you'll have been very informative on the latest updates but I had to clarify on this certain article you'll had put up on page 90 on the Ruf flat nose in your Dec 2001 issue.

Firstly, you'll mentioned:
"The heads received Ruf valves".
Now Ruf does'nt make Ruf valves for the Ruf BTR. They use stock valves.

Secondly, the following page has got a picure on the engine bay. From there already you can see that it's still using a stock intercooler and not a Ruf intercooler. The stock intercooler is only good upto 350bhp and nothing more. How do you'll claim that the car has got 470bhp?? How can you'll even call it a "Ruf 911 Turbo". Ruf uses a much bigger intercooler and it was the Ruf CTR1(yellowbird) which produced 469 bhp from a 3.4 litre "Twinturbo". Not single turbo which is what you'll mentioned this car has.

I dont understand how you'll can put the Ruf CTR1 specifications for this Flatnose.

Thirdly, Ruf never did produce 470bhp from a "single" turbo for the 930 turbo. Their 3.4 litre piston/barrel kit has a displacement of (3367cc) and not (3399cc) as you'll mentioned under specifications in your article.

This is not a Ruf car at all. Putting in a 5 speed Gear Box does'nt make it a Ruf.

Thanks and best regards,
Sameer Aswani
Singapore

sameer has attached this image:

Quick Reply: GT Purely Porsche article