911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

slant nose head lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 PM
930slant
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slant nose head lights

I've got an 88 930 factory slant nose with a problem with the headlights. Basically, the headlights come on but the buckets holding the lights will not raise up. I'm getting power to the motor but the buckets won't move. I am able to raise the buckets by turning the **** on the motor and they raise quite easily so they definitely are not stuck.

I've been told that there are two relays that control the motor but I'm not sure which ones control the motor. There is one relay on the side of the motor so that must be one of the two. There is no mention on the "fuse" diagram in the car of the headlight motor being controlled by any particular relay or fuse.

All of the fuses in the trunk are ok. So my question is 1) which relays control the motor 2) which fuse controls the motor 3) where can I get a copy of the wiring diagram to help track down the problem 4) could the light switch be the problem even though when I pull it out the lights come on?

Help! I'm in the dark (sorry, couldn't resist)...
Old 04-30-2014, 09:06 PM
handdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

pm tt surgeon, he might know

there's also a huge thread on pelican re slants that might help
Old 04-30-2014, 10:00 PM
930slant
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pm info. It's been a while since I've been on Rennlist so I thought this would be a good place to start. I'm going to post the same message on the Pelican site.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:37 AM
handdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

he replied to your ? on pelican
you should also search for the porsche slant nose service supplement...i found one on ebay when i was looking

Quick Reply: slant nose head lights