911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

'87 Clutch upgrade advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 10:32 AM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Post '87 Clutch upgrade advice needed.

Well I finally got my new GHL's and K27-7200 turbo installed on my '87 and after re-torqueing a few loose nut and bolts I went for a quick spin with not so good results. The "1 Bar" Tial wastegate actually has two springs to make one bar (which I knew). With the new turbo and exhaust being more effecient, it was overboosting to 1.2 +/- bar. I removed the smaller spring and that fixed the overboosting, but the engine and tach still rev up like the clutch is slipping (the car doesn't move as proportionaly as the engine revs).

At my last dyno runs a few months ago, I was making about 330 rwhp, which is about 385 hp at the crank (with a Kokeln IC, 1 bar wastegate, Gutted B&B muffler, and drilled airbox). I'm going to check the clutch adjustment tomorrow and do some dyno runs as soon as I can, but if there's no adjustment to be made, am I looking at a new clutch and if so, what style, brand, etc. (I don't want to go with the lightened flywheel set up), or does anybody have any other ideas?

I bought the car used with 50k miles two years ago and it has 52k miles now, almost all track time since I bought it. Not wanting to spend cubic dollars, what is the clutch to go with this set up and rwhp? TIA.

Regards,

Jim

Quick Reply: '87 Clutch upgrade advice needed.