911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

930 Cam timing

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 03:48 PM
jbird
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 930 Cam timing

I am rebuilding my 3.3 and have some questions concerning the cam timing. Here's a little background. I've had the intake ports, billet injector blocks and manifold enlarged by 2mm and an SC grind put on the cams, the throttle body has been enlarged by 3mm as well ( I've done tons of other things but didn't think it applied here). My question is, is there a preferred way to time the cams? Has anyone seen a setup like this in action before?

Thanks,

Jim Bird
Old 08-09-2001, 04:06 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by jbird:
<STRONG>I am rebuilding my 3.3 and have some questions concerning the cam timing. Here's a little background. I've had the intake ports, billet injector blocks and manifold enlarged by 2mm and an SC grind put on the cams, the throttle body has been enlarged by 3mm as well ( I've done tons of other things but didn't think it applied here). My question is, is there a preferred way to time the cams? Has anyone seen a setup like this in action before?

Thanks,

Jim Bird</STRONG>
Hi Jim:

I've seen a few of these engines in that configuration using the same cams,..

Use the early SC cam timing spec for setting the valve timing. That will work just fine.

Enjoy!
Old 08-09-2001, 04:20 PM
jbird
Track Day

Do they run well? Approximately what HP gains have you seen? Also, I would like to run a 7th injector, are there any good kits out there?
Old 08-09-2001, 04:41 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Hi Steve -

I am interested in this as well. As noted in other posts, my 930 is in the shop at the moment and they just called me to tell me that they wanted to adjust cam timing while the had the engine, the transmission (and lord knows what else) out of the car. Is there anyhting special I should ask them to do as far as getting better performance?

Quick Reply: 930 Cam timing