Electronic Boost Controllers

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 11:29 AM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Electronic Boost Controllers

I have a 91 Turbo with lots of modifications including a 1 bar spring. Having read pieces here and there about electronic controller, my interest is peaked and I would like to know more:
(1) are they a simple installation?
(2) what are your experiences with the different brands?
(3) did you find them difficult or easy to program?

I could not find any archived articles on Electronic Boost controllers so I thought I would start a thread on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jeff
Old 07-18-2001, 09:08 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeff,

I know very little about boost controller and have been looking for more information also. You might want to try reading some from www.imagineauto.com first. There you will find basic information on how it works and that they can do.

I've heard that HKS controller is not as good as Greddy controller. They both cost about the same ~$450 without installation. Most have same features such as set and forget or scramble....fuzzy logic...

If you find something interesting, please post it here.

Good luck,

Sonny Vo
Old 07-19-2001, 02:16 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sort of stuff is more popular with the Japanese car drag turbo car crowd. Maybe available for 944's too. The scramble feature is really geared towards the drag racer - it gives grenade level boost for 10 or 15 seconds, then backs off. Not to say it wouldn't be fun on the street too. :-)

Quick Reply: Electronic Boost Controllers