Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Battery box rust evaluation with pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Related topic: I chanced to glance at the floor beneath the front of the car whilst it was asleep in the garage, and noticed this small wet puddle with dried white edges. "WTF!!" I screamed, having just recently put in a brand new battery and voltage regulator (since my other battery got boiled over too many times). Cleaned and cleaned the **** outa the battery box area, hosed her down, douched with baking soda, hosed her down again, and installed the new battery. That was a couple months ago. No way in hell that battery could be leaking juice.

Anyway, during the process of removing the battery I noticed where one of the windshield washer pump's hoses had busted off it's nipple, so I removed the entire pump and will replace it later. Meanwhile, there was still enough of that special wishes super mondo silicone windscrean cleaner in the lines apparently. The puddle, it turns out, was a seepage from the disconnect line. Perplexing at first, since I even used the old tried and true 'dip your finger in it and see if it burns your tongue' trick. Is it acid, or is it Memorex? It was neutral, thank God.

Quick Reply: Battery box rust evaluation with pics