911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Kokeln 930 Turbo Reports

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 12:02 AM
garrickl
RIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Kokeln 930 Turbo Reports

I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used [190 miles] Kokeln 930 turbo. It is a Garrett hybrid with specially cast hot and cold side housings that allows it to bolt directly in place of a factory LDZ, or in my case, a K27. It is represented to put out more than at K27/7006 without a loss of the low end and more power throughout the RPM range. I would like to hear from anyone out there what your experience has been if you have one, had one or driven a 930 with one. Thanks......
Old 08-24-2002, 11:38 AM
mlhm5
Track Day

I have had a K27 and a k29tz (from Zucz which was a piece of crap) on my '84 930 but nothing compares to the modified Garrett from Majestic Turbo in Waco, TX. <a href="http://www.majesticturbo.com/" target="_blank">http://www.majesticturbo.com/</a>
It's a highly modified Garrett with ball bearings and from the time it comes on it spools 2x as fast as anything I have had and goes to 7200rpm with no problem.
It is less expensive and the people there are wonderful.
You will need an adaptor.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:51 PM
p.vanderlinden
Racer

Hey,

I have that Kokeln turbo set up on my car (78 turbo rsr looking thing) I cant say enough about it. Put it on !, you will not be disappointed. My car has the late exhaust system, lightweight clutch, 964 cams and the Kokeln turbo. What a difference!. I would estimate an extra 120 HP. The turbo comes in much earlier so it's usable horse power plus it will pull well over the stock red-line in fourth gear.

Go for it!, Paul

Ps, If any of you went to the Monterey Historics this August, I had the beige colored semi RSR replica with the factory centerlock magnesium rims in the Porsche club area.

Quick Reply: Kokeln 930 Turbo Reports