Cambermeister Install Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Byron Childress
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Cambermeister Install Advice

Hi All:

Any advice on getting the 22 mm top stut nut tightened after installing a Weltmeister cambermeister? After much heaving, I was able to break the torque to get it loose, but the threaded strut stud wants to keep turning on me. I've tried holding the stut from below and the "mangle the fitting" vice grip approach, but I can't get near the 60 ft/lbs in the instructions. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:56 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You need either an air impact or electric impact. Sears carries the electric one and I've been using mine for ten yers now. Makes life much easier for things like this and R&R(ing) wheels, etc.

Jim
Old 06-26-2002, 09:51 AM
Byron Childress
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Jim. Funny you should mention that....I took a chance and drove a few miles (with the strut clunking like a rusty chain in a garbage can) and a local shop hit it with an impact wrench. It was like magic; they tightened right up and the center didn't move. Do you have a part number for the Sears electric? I'd never thought about it before and I bet it's worth it's weight in gold. Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:17 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Byron,

Sorry I don't have a part number, but I think the only carry one model. It's a 110V model and cranks out like 275 ft. lbs., so be careful when installing nuts and bolts, as it will snap them off. Don't ask how I know. After I zip them on, I use a 1/2" or 3/8" Snap On torque wrench to tighten it to specs.

Regards,
Jim

Quick Reply: Cambermeister Install Advice