911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Engine Missing at Low Idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 AM
Jitters
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Engine Missing at Low Idle

Hi guys, need some help interpreting a low idle miss condition on my 88 930. Here's a little history. Had to replace the barrels and pistons due to detonation from over boosting the turbo by adjusting the dial of death to high. Got the engine back together and she was a little finicky but was running pretty good.

Although, I was having warm start issues. Replaced the accumulator and that seemed to solve the warm start issues. She was running pretty well until a few weeks ago. I remember coming home from work and I was on the freeway and I was running her pretty hard and noticed what looked like a puff of smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe. Never had any problem with smoke before.

However, the smoke was brief but I noticed that she was missing now at idle. Typically, when cold she idles around 1.8K and idles down once warm; however, now she idles cold at 1K and will die once warm...plus she misses at idle...

If I drive her anywhere above 2.5K rpm she smooths out and will run pretty good. At higher rpm she continues to run smooth but anything below 2.5K she starts missing again....

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help with this issue....
Old 05-31-2012, 03:02 AM
Jitters
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Problem solved. Thanks for the feedback guys...
Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM
por212
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the problem?

Quick Reply: Engine Missing at Low Idle