Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:08 AM
mtnbiker63
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job guys, now we won’t be seeing any more pictures of the rebuild.

On another note: I’ve bought and sold a ton of stuff on eBay. EVERY time I’ve sold something and the buyer was not happy, I refunded their money minus shipping. I ended up with the item back and out nothing. I resold the item with a new description and the next buyer was happy.

As a buyer/seller that is the right thing to do. Ylonewolf you should give his money back and either fix the wheels or resell them with an accurate description.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Por45
6th Gear

Default Refund

well said biker, I offered him to work something out and I would delete all my post make up and let's move on but no he cant do that! I always tell someone If they don't want what I sold them to ship it back minus shipping and get a full refund! Wow it's that easy,some people are just so dam greedy I'm going soon to vist A friend that lives not to far from him, we will see what he has to say face to face and maybe we can sit down and have a and work it out.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:59 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Por45
well said biker, I offered him to work something out and I would delete all my post make up and let's move on but no he cant do that! I always tell someone If they don't want what I sold them to ship it back minus shipping and get a full refund! Wow it's that easy,some people are just so dam greedy I'm going soon to vist A friend that lives not to far from him, we will see what he has to say face to face and maybe we can sit down and have a and work it out.
might not be a very good idea.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Por45
I posted this on Pelican.

you just trusted an individual(ylonewolf)who unfortunately can't seem to grasp the idea of a compromise.

On the bright side the wheels you have are not that easy to find. For $3.5k you got wheels and tires.

When new, the wheels were $4.5k (last known price). Wheels alone..no tires. Micheline Ps2 are about $1k new(a set of four) for a total of $5.5k

Your still ahead of the game($3.5k plus possible $1k to refinish/repair your way)

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to down play your dillema just trying to help you look at the bright side...now go get those puppies done and post some pics of your ride ..

btw not a good idea to go into someone elses woods and persuade him for a refund...if local authorities are called, you being the outsider might no got over so well ...had he completely ripped you off(no wheels ) than an old fashion project beating would be on the menu...let it go brother, not worth it.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:15 PM
moacur
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 38 Posts

How did you pay for the wheels? Maybe your bank or CC company can help you out as it's obvious what you bought was not as described.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:06 PM
mtnbiker63
Instructor

speednme, I hear what you are saying and there is a lot of truth in it. But the bottom line is and I agree with Por45, Ylonewolf did not describe the wheels accurately. That’s the problem. If Por45 want’s his money back, no matter how dumb of an idea you or I might think that is, that should be his right. If an item is listed "as is" or "no returns", then buyer beware. Make sure and get plenty of pictures before hand.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnbiker63
speednme, I hear what you are saying and there is a lot of truth in it. But the bottom line is and I agree with Por45, Ylonewolf did not describe the wheels accurately. That’s the problem. If Por45 want’s his money back, no matter how dumb of an idea you or I might think that is, that should be his right. If an item is listed "as is" or "no returns", then buyer beware. Make sure and get plenty of pictures before hand.
I agree with him as well, if it was not correctly described he is entitled to get his money back. Small claims court is always an option. By no means do I think getting back your money is a dumb idea, the way of trying to retrive your funds might prove to be more trouble than it's worth. Legal options is always best. I feel his pain, I've been there. I've taken it as a lesson learned(but that is just me). To each his own my friend...I wish por45 good fortune in retrieving his funds.

Quick Reply: porsche