911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

The mistress-updated

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gliding_Serpent
Good on you for sticking with RUF. I am a fan of the old school so I 100% support the spirit of your choices. You have an old school car so it makes sense to stick with old school components. It is kind of like amplification for guitar/bass... new solid state tech is better on paper, but there is just something that an old tube amp has in personality. Call it mojo.

There is always something out there that is newer and shinier and "better" but if you were after that kind of car you would own a modern turbo, and not be putting classic Ruf parts on a classic Turbo that will try and kill you should you get lazy while driving hard.

I dig. Your car looks incredible, and classic RUF parts would be the only parts I would personally add for reasons of history (The Yellow Bird and stock Turbo were dream cars of mine as a kid).

But then I am a sentimental guy when it comes to cars and musical instruments.
+ 1000............If we stay with this passion long enough, we will all go through stages and a lot of us come back to very things that lit the fires of those passions in the first place.

I feel the same way about airplanes, the P 51 mustang was was and is a classic that represents a peroid of time.

Quick Reply: The mistress-updated