911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

930 Turbo wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:22 PM
GT3Geoff
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 930 Turbo wanted

I hang our on the 997GT3 side of things but am looking for a stable mate for the GT3. I have always had a thing for the 930 Turbo and am looking to buy a high quality medium mileage example. My major concern is the body work as I hate rust.

I live out in Bahrain in the Middle East and so cannot get to see the car before I buy. I intend to get the usual PPI and maybe even ask a local forum member to check the car out for me.

Any advise on where has good, solid inventory. Victory looks like they have some great cars, but there is so much written about them already I am shying away from them. Have they changed? The last negative reports I have seen have been a few years back.

Any advice much appreciated.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:44 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try True Speed and Richard Sloan in Ct. As far as Victory is concered, there has been enough written about them to warrent concern. Once you narrow the car down, ask here if somone will check it out for you. There is no substitue for a PPI. Good hunting
Old 02-23-2011, 01:49 PM
surfpangea
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://voitureltd.com/
Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 AM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by surfpangea
I would be very careful of this guy. I talked with him when I was looking for my car. His prices are ridiculous, and he claims his customers are mostly collectors. ($$$$)

I was not impressed, he would not even quote a price over the phone unless I emailed him a complete list of what I was looking for.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:56 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts

I have a low mile car for sale in mint condition. zero accidents or rips or tears, gargae kept, no mods, still has the starting instructions sticker from the dealer on the dash and the assembly grease pencil date on teh intercooler from the assembly line. All records since new true 85 grey market car.

I have hit some bad luck as you may read in another post- coincendence you posted this. I can send pics- Some are here in posts from notthd.

or michael.nott@areva.com

cheers, Mike

Quick Reply: 930 Turbo wanted