911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Lost my distributor clip

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Shemmer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my distributor clip

Somehow I seem to have lost one of the clips that holds my distributor cap on. I've checked most of the usual aftermarket suppliers but nobody lists it. The dealer says it comes with the distributor so they say I have to buy a complete unit. Hilarious!!
And to make matters worst when it statred running bad I was snooping around and touched the distributor cap and the rotor hit the cap and broke the center carbon tip and carved some of the contact points so now I need a cap and rotor as well. Sheesh
Anyway........ does anybody have a spare spring tab or know of an aftermarket supplier. It's an 81 930 so the clip has a long tab on it.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:36 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can't find one, others have modded their dizzys with a small block of aluminum that screws into the original clip screw hole. A dizzy cap from a later model that screw downs in place of clips is then used. I hope that makes sense.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Shemmer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A picture would be great. I don't know what the later model clips look like but it sounds like I may have to make one from the sounds of it.

Quick Reply: Lost my distributor clip