911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Tial wategate

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Pingo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tial wategate

My stock wastegate is "toast". I need a new wg and it seems that Tial is the way to go.

Is this the correct one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tial-...Q5fAccessories

Anyone has experience with the seller?

Other sources for Tial wg?

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tial F46 is what you want, and what appears to be in the ebay auction you listed. A couple of points to consider: Do ask them to substitute the .8 bar spring for the .6 that comes with the auction (unless you want to run lower boost, that is). Also, check out Tial Motorsports http://www.tialsport.com/prod_wg_46.htm to learn all you can, such as the two different body styles

"The Tial WG 46 is offered in two different body configurations.
Standard body with the full diameter heat sink fins.
Narrow Body for the 1975 -1994 911 Turbo"

I missed that fine point when I bought a Tial from eBay and ended up having to grind off a small amount of the cooling fin material to get the WG to fit my '87. No big deal, but I could have avoided the grinding had I got the narrow body.

Great wastegates, and you can pick up a great condition used one for about half the price of new. Do you know for sure your stock WG is toast? Maybe just needs a diaphram?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Pingo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mark,

My WG has several pin holes in the housing due to corrosion so I guess a new Tial WG is the way to go.

Originally Posted by Mark Houghton
Tial F46 is what you want, and what appears to be in the ebay auction you listed. A couple of points to consider: Do ask them to substitute the .8 bar spring for the .6 that comes with the auction (unless you want to run lower boost, that is). Also, check out Tial Motorsports http://www.tialsport.com/prod_wg_46.htm to learn all you can, such as the two different body styles

"The Tial WG 46 is offered in two different body configurations.
Standard body with the full diameter heat sink fins.
Narrow Body for the 1975 -1994 911 Turbo"

I missed that fine point when I bought a Tial from eBay and ended up having to grind off a small amount of the cooling fin material to get the WG to fit my '87. No big deal, but I could have avoided the grinding had I got the narrow body.

Great wastegates, and you can pick up a great condition used one for about half the price of new. Do you know for sure your stock WG is toast? Maybe just needs a diaphram?
Old 07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
OSI930
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Pingo. PM sent.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Dknebes
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 44mm with pipe very very low miles I had to go with a 60mm so it is just collecting dust.

Quick Reply: Tial wategate