Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

CAA policy ? Finding a new tow CO.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Benny771
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CAA policy ? Finding a new tow CO.

Hi all,
Just thought id fill someone in on a CAA towing policy. Canada only, but possibly US to?
I had thought of reapplying for a caa gold membership.
Well about 2 weeks ago my 930 broke down on the 400. I phoned a tow truck (to be clear, i dont have CAA). When the truck arrived they had me sign a waver that had a CAA logo on it. The waver stated that the towing company was in no way responsible for damages that occur during towing or hooking up my car?
I could not believe that CAA would have their logo on a weaver like this? I asked the driver and he said " dont worry nothing is going to happen", well i say" WHY THE WAVER"?
I went to a CAA store to see i f this was true and they practice this. And after 30min, and phoning head office, it is true. What a beautiful world it must be for them. Zero responsibility.

I wish my job came with a waver ( im a guard at a super max jail). Can you imagine..........Sir, i know this is my job but before i started my shift i made you sign a waver. Now i dont know how the murders got away, but obviously im not responsible.
WTF!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 AM
lromanosky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The waiver doesn't mean much... They are charging for a service, and they have a duty of care to do the job properly and take reasonable steps to make sure that your car isn't damaged.... If they damage the car due to their negligence, they are liable for damages. I'm not a lawyer, but I know, generally speaking, that you can't contract out of your responsibilities by getting a waiver signed...
LR
Old 06-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Benny771
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think CAA deserves a few clients dropping them because of this. What is up with these companies?

Quick Reply: CAA policy ? Finding a new tow CO.