911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

running board removal.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:17 AM
smyth1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running board removal.

can the running boards on a 930 s be removed without alot of holes to repair.i feel they take too much away from the wide hip look of an original 930.jst my opinion.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:37 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you mean the rocker panels, they can be removed. If you are talking about a slant boxed rockers they too can be removed but there will be more holes. In any case there will be screw holes to fill and paint. I am not entirely sure what you mean by running boards though. Maybe you could give us a better description of them. The stock car comes with a rocker panel with a rubber strip to hide the screw heads. Only the slant has what might appear to be a running board but in no way could be construed to be one. If that is what you are refering to I agree with you that it takes away from the slim waist look of the 930 widebody.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
smyth1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes,whatever you call them on the slant nose.i've heard them called running boards.the best part of a turbo ,besides the motor ,is the big fat rear fenders.those rockers blend everything together and you lose that look.are those running boards attached to the stock rocker or is it a one piece rocker /runng board.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The boxed rocker is made of several pieces. The top or running board piece is connected with sheet metal screws to the lower or rocker panel that is attached to the body with sheet metal screws. Then the rubber strip covers the screws. The lower piece requires about four standoff brackets that attach under the edge of the car where the old normal rocker panel bolted on. If you remove the boxed panels you will have to buy a pair of normal panels. The normal panels will hide all of the boxed screw holes that are no longer used. They should be filled of course.

Quick Reply: running board removal.