Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

any good shops to work on 930s in the tampa area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 10:23 PM
zaidigonzo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any good shops to work on 930s in the tampa area?

looking to get my dream car soon. I have only owned aircooled vws up until now and I want to move up but I know these cars will need an expert(not a home schooled vw air head) so I wanted to find a really good shop I could trust before I even got the 930. I live 30 mins north of tampa/st petersburg, fl

been looking at this:
Gaurds red full black leather sport seats , fully optioned, APPROX 425 HP, upgrades as follows, 930s sterring wheel, andial full enrichment, fisk wheels 9" @ 11", p zeros, front 993 TT brakes with flooting rooters, HD torison bars,adj sway bars, eibach springs, bilstien shocks, race tie rods, 935 front susp race version, bump steer kit and adj spring plates, K29 turbo long neck conversition, large intercooler, Mc Neal headers w/ heat, SS muffler w/ 4'' spouts, 993 TT waste gate,Ruff group B cams with hyd tennsioners, 930s front valance, lightweight flywheel,Hd clutch, SS braided lines, Motor and gearbox has been gone completely through includings new pistons/cylinders, raceware Hd studs, gearbox new syncros clutch etc. the car comes with most original equipment including full ac system, restored front valance, sterring wheel, exhaust, new H4 in box, this car has had 2 owners the last owner for over 20 yrs, this car is original with 50k on it , matching #, no accidents our track time, comes with window sticker, books and all recipts totaling $60,000. The car is Mint through out, first time offered for sale.

what do you guys think? owner wants 37k. Looks brand new inside and out

Let me know. I know nothing about porsches but have wanted this 930 since I firs saw it in person back in high school. Im 38 years old now and I still feel the same way about these cars. Never even been in one!!!
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2009, 09:40 AM
kleinbbc2
Racer

You have Vortex next to Tampa airport. Also I can give you the name of a guy that is up in spring hill that rebuilds 930 motors.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:46 AM
kleinbbc2
Racer

993 TT waste gate,Ruff group B cams with hyd tennsioners
Does the car have a 993TT motor.. I don't understand the 993 waste gate.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 AM
twinreds
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kleinbbc2
You have Vortex next to Tampa airport. Also I can give you the name of a guy that is up in spring hill that rebuilds 930 motors.
I could use that info, if you please...
I'm looking for somebody to do a front oil cooler conversion in my 930, but not sure who might be good enough...
Do you mind giving me those names?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:07 PM
zaidigonzo
Track Day

YES Please tell me who does the motors in spring hill. Thats right near me!!
does the info on the cars description not make sense regarding the wastegate? I dont know anything about porsches, only aircooled vws

Quick Reply: any good shops to work on 930s in the tampa area?