911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Help please.. I'm a little out of my comfort zone... PICS POSTED

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Arrccod
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red,
Sorry to hear the deal fell through....I missed many a car through actions of my own or the seller. I always found the research and knowledge acquired while chasing unobtainable cars to be very helpful when a purchase is finally made.

There is a nice 79(?) @ Rayco in Wilkes-Barre that I think can be had reasonably.

Enjoy the chase.......

Bill

P.S. If your up in the area looking at something and want another eye on it....let me know....I'll buy the coffee.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:46 PM
RED.86.951
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANKS BILL! I will def let you know!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:41 AM
smurfbus
2nd Gear

The one at @ Rayco in Wilkes-Barre has a bad turbo and no IC. Looks nice though. The thing that is pufs a smoke just makes you think it might be more than the leaking turbo.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:19 PM
87turbo87
Advanced

i agree with Last930....I considered an '83 Euro spec turbo that sat for 13 years and aparently had a head stud pull. The guy that was selling it on consignment was trying to convince me that if you just price in a top end overhaul the $20k purchase price was a bargain. After speaking to a bunch of tech guys I realized that it could (and probably would) end up being a whole lot more. My view is that the sales guy probably agreed because he wouldn't let me get it PPI'd and dumped it to someone without inspection on eBay. It seems like every 911 book you read and/or every Porsche tech guy you speak to always says to buy the best condition car you can afford. I've yet to find someone that does a ton of work on their car and feels they can sell their car for more (or the same as) the amount they put in.

Good luck....

Quick Reply: Help please.. I'm a little out of my comfort zone... PICS POSTED