911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

little help. looking for a suspension setup for my 930s

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
COPorsche
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little help. looking for a suspension setup for my 930s

like the title says i have a factory 86 930's euro slantnose. i am looking to upgrade the suspension. can anyone please point me in the right direction? a local shop quoted me a little less than $2000 just to replace the shocks with something a little more agressive. thoughts? this will be a weekend driver however i would like to get something that would be ideal for a few DE's
Old 09-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Weissach911
Advanced

on the $2K, is that with all new shocks and larger torsion bars? If only shocks and then alignment and corner balance that seems a bit high in my opinion. . .I have a 1983 930 with Bilstein Sports all around with 22MM/28MM torsion bars and a strut brace, car is for weekends with about 3-4 DE days a year, works fine for me but think for more track time you probably want to go with bigger torsoin bars and for sure need good rubber in these 930's, they are a handful at speed with street rubber! Good luck
Old 09-21-2009, 05:26 PM
COPorsche
7th Gear

i am pretty sure that was just bilsteins and an alignment. i thought it was a little expensive also. i will find out about the bars and will get back to you. i also do not have stock wheels/rubber on this car anymore. thanks again for the help!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:10 PM
DWalker
Racer

If your in Colorado I might be able to help.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Garrison
Rennlist Member

I am currently working with Clint at Rebel Racing http://www.rebelracingproducts.com/index.html on a set up for my 930. Full coil-over set... probably end up as a winter project.

DWalker, I am in CO, you have me interested....
Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 AM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what I have and it really makes life easier. I can change the height on all four corners in about twenty minutes. It also allows different stiffness for different occasions. I have both torsion bars removed but some leave them in place. Don't know why. You might hear a little more noise from them on bumps and hard slow speed turns but with some rubber hose and a little work you can quieten them down.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:32 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

I pulled the t-bars and went with coilovers all around. I like the setup.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:32 PM
pdqcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A great improvement that I'm enjoying is Elephant's Adjustable Spring Plate. No affiliation, just a happy customer. Check it out:
http://www.elephantracing.com/suspen...pringplate.htm

This setup along with adjustable sway bars (with reinforced mounts), appropriately valved Bilsteins and larger torsion bars (sized to suit your compromise between butt on the street and the track ;-), bump steer kit (assuming your car is lowered), monoball front strut-top & tower x-bar makes for a much better balanced and handling 930. Oh and yes a proper alignment with corner balancing (although again this'll be another compromise as the best negative camber for track will cost you tire life & comfort on the street). I may end up adding helper springs in the future to better handle torque squat that's overpowering my 33mm torsion bars (thereby causing some tire rub), but hopefully I can fine tune settings to prevent this from being needed.
Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Garrison
Rennlist Member

Yep, I am also looking at 935 spring plates from Rebel Racing, some Elephant Polybronze bushings in the front and monoballs...Will be a little stiff, but will give me what I want for both street and track/DE's.

Last edited by Garrison; 10-08-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Quick Reply: little help. looking for a suspension setup for my 930s