911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

WTB: gauge and some other stuff for my 930

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: gauge and some other stuff for my 930

WTB boost gauge that replaces the clock, KM/HR speedo, adjustable boost pressure regulator, AFR gauge.

Anyone parting out a car or have some stuff laying around they want to sell?

Regarding the boost gauge, I saw a combinaltion gauge on a youtube video that looked like boost pressure gauge and a second needle but not sure what it was. Looked pretty cool though. Has anyone seen something like this or know what the second needle reads and who sells them?

What can I use to monitor AFR? I'd love to know what's going on under full boost and since I'm considering increasing boost up to 1 bar it's even more important to maintain the correct ratios. I guess the second thing then is to be able to change the ratios as needed. Hmmmmm
Old 07-11-2009, 01:14 PM
torresmd
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I just purchased a custom gauge from inyourfacegauges that will replace the clock position. I will include AFR, boost, and EGT all in one gauge. I should have it installed and running late next week. I will post pics when done.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Looking forward to seeing it. Do you have any shots of the gauge itself?
Sorry but what is EGT?
Old 07-11-2009, 02:32 PM
torresmd
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

You can check out there website at inyourfacegauges.com to get an idea what they look like. I just had all of my guages re-faced red with LED backlighting from North Hollywood. My boost, AFR and EGT guage was made to match all the rest. When I start the car, it is supposed to show the RUF logo initially then go to the data.
BTW EGT is exhaust gas temperature.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Shemmer
Pro

Very cool gauge, I'll be waiting for your review and pictures.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:27 PM
JFairman
Racer

"Regarding the boost gauge, I saw a combinaltion gauge on a youtube video that looked like boost pressure gauge and a second needle but not sure what it was. Looked pretty cool though. Has anyone seen something like this or know what the second needle reads and who sells them?"
That was probably a dual boost gauge from or for a Cessna.
One needle is showing boost in the intake below the throttle body. That is what the engine is seeing and the other needle shows boost before the thottle body in the intercooler. Pressure will rise faster and show a little higher before the throttle body.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Shemmer
Pro

It sounds right but from a cessna, like airplane cessna?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Benjemin Bale
Advanced

To keep your afr's in check use a LM-1 from innovative motorsports. Its easy to install and cheap to buy around 250.00. What else are you looking for ?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Thanks Benjemin, I'm also looking for a boost gauge to go in place of the clock and adjustable boost regulator. I'm also looking for a km/h speedo, and the list goes on. Oh ya who's the best deal on rear spoilers to replace my stock one. I'm looking for the turbo 3.8 style wing with the 2 side vents. I want to duct in some cool air directly onto my air intake filter.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the Innovate.

North Hollywood Speedometer has the boost gauge to replace the clock. They can change your current speedo to km/h as well. I'd go with Getty Design for a rear tail. All FG parts need some work, but by far their's is the best.

Originally Posted by Shemmer
Thanks Benjemin, I'm also looking for a boost gauge to go in place of the clock and adjustable boost regulator. I'm also looking for a km/h speedo, and the list goes on. Oh ya who's the best deal on rear spoilers to replace my stock one. I'm looking for the turbo 3.8 style wing with the 2 side vents. I want to duct in some cool air directly onto my air intake filter.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Shemmer
Pro

I went online and looked at the AFR dial gauge. It looks pretty good, I don't know about the LM-1. I think I would rather have a permanent gauge in place rather that a hand held one. I remember years ago I saw a unit that replaced the lower drivers side air vent in an older 930 like mine but I don't know what it did. From what I remember it had some led's scalling upwards, might have been some kind of AFR controller and not just a gauge. Any ideas?

I also looked at the Getty Design stuff, really cool and just what I'm looking for. I have this idea to vent the smaller side ducts toward my air intake whch is not a K&N but almost exactly the same attached to a plastic air box. It came with the car.

Any idea what North Hollywood Speedo wants for the boost gauge? I think I'll shoot them an email.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

I have a full time Innovate setup. IIRC, it's an XR-16? The biggest issue is to where to mount the gauge. Since I have a cage, I mounted it on the front A piller down tube, just above the dash.

I have the Getty tail as well. I used some 3'' ducting from the two openings to push air to the cooling fan. What would be ideal is to form a collector inside the tail at both openings and pipe the air where needed.

The gauge is probably about $200, but it's been years since I bought mine.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Shemmer
Pro

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
I have a full time Innovate setup. IIRC, it's an XR-16? The biggest issue is to where to mount the gauge. Since I have a cage, I mounted it on the front A piller down tube, just above the dash.

I have the Getty tail as well. I used some 3'' ducting from the two openings to push air to the cooling fan. What would be ideal is to form a collector inside the tail at both openings and pipe the air where needed.

The gauge is probably about $200, but it's been years since I bought mine.
With a cage it's probably best to attach to that down tube otherwise it could go down low which reguires you to take your eyes off the road too long (lethal).

The Getty turbo 3.8 wing is nice with the air ducts. I wonder if there would actually be any noticable difference in power with the vents ducting right onto the intake filter.

I have to see one in person again as it might be too much for a street car. I don't know. From what I remember, last time I saw one go buy my jaw dropped. It just looked wild.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 AM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

I think a ram air affect might be difficult, but at least you would be getting the freshest air possible.

The wing really isn't that bad. When you add uprights and a big banana wing on the street, it gets touchy. You have to have the right car/looks to bring it off like Blackbird.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:05 AM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Here you can see my car with the GT2 tail and stock wing and the GT2 tail with the bigger wing for the track.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: WTB: gauge and some other stuff for my 930