911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Arrow Blue 930

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:50 AM
willtel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3.6conversion
I have had some conversations with the dealer on a couple 930s. This one a while back when he aquired it off e-bay and it was being offered for around $46 (apparently 1 of 2 that color and was a magazine car) and a 87 white 930 low miles that came out of texas that i could have been bought for $43 (I had a deal worked out with the delaer i had thought) and he turned around and listed it at $62 also. he does have alot of nice 911s. I have a hard time seeing these things flipped like that. I guess everyone has to make money somehow.
That is a little crazy. I just don't understand why someone would pay such an inflated price just to get one from a specific dealer. It seems that enough of these cars were mothballed when new that pristine low millage examples are pretty easy to get. I can understand a premium on the blue car because of the rare color but white '87 coupes aren't exactly hard to find, maybe the single red floormat makes it rare.

If they $62k for that white coupe I will let mine go for $50k.

Here is another rare blue 930. From what the owner told me this is the only Gulf Blue 930 produced.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:42 AM
3.6conversion
Instructor

yea asked him why i should pay him $20 above what I could have bouight it at and he said it was part of a multiple car trade and he had more than 42 in it.

regarding the gulf blue, every time i see that car at the PCA concour I ask him (the owner) if he is ready to sell it to me. he always laughs and said he's puttingg it in his will. I would pay a premium for that car as it does have a unique story/history attached to it. like you mentioned it is a 1 off color to sample and it was built for the CEO of gulf oil company. it has a couple of rare factory options one being built in radar detector. i'm sure he will have it back out at the next concour in a couple weeks...maybe he will cave in this time.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
fullquack
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well black may be boring to some, but I drive mine everyday and could not possibly stand the distraction of such an "in-your-face" interior color.

Many moons ago when I was on a race team, Porsche brought a brand spanking new 928 into the paddock. It was bright lime green with an asymmetrical black-n-white checker board interior....man...and you thought the blue interior was hard to take! Wish I had a picture of it now.

Mark
Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on...this is hot. Wish you could get the material somewhere I would have used it in my car....I love this stuff.
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 PM
willtel
Advanced

regarding the gulf blue, every time i see that car at the PCA concour I ask him (the owner) if he is ready to sell it to me. he always laughs and said he's puttingg it in his will. I would pay a premium for that car as it does have a unique story/history attached to it. like you mentioned it is a 1 off color to sample and it was built for the CEO of gulf oil company. it has a couple of rare factory options one being built in radar detector. i'm sure he will have it back out at the next concour in a couple weeks...maybe he will cave in this time.
He is a nice guy and seems to enjoy people fawning over his car. I don't think he will be selling any time soon but there is nothing wrong with trying to keep track of it when it gets a new owner.

Originally Posted by fullquack
Well black may be boring to some, but I drive mine everyday and could not possibly stand the distraction of such an "in-your-face" interior color.
When I bought my car I had come off a long string of white, silver, gray and black cars. I was set on getting something that was an actual color but fell in love with mine when I saw the interior. The wacky color options on these cars is part of what sets them apart from cars built today, everything currently on the market seems so sedate in comparison.

I do also like black, there is something very purposeful about an all black interior. Mine is also my daily driver and I love it more with every mile I put on it.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I might be able to live with an Arrow Blue exterior, but the interior is just too much. I'd much rather have this car with a black, tan, brown, or maybe navy blue interior. The bright blue leather is overkill when the exterior is already bright blue. Also that car seems pretty pricey for what it is. I'd rather have something with lower miles in a better color combination from Sloan.

Willtel, I love the can can red interior! Looks very sharp. My father's 87 Turbo was black with a color called "crimson red" and it nice change from the classic but expected black on black.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:12 PM
TOMDEG
Rennlist Member

These guys have the fabric...
http://sitzklinik.de/bezuege.html
Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I for one like the blue interior! I think it's cool, different, unique, very 70s.
It's refreshing to see something that doesn't follow the trend and the mass. We need more colors! No I'm not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that).
Old 05-05-2009, 04:27 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...But I can't get over the price. I'd buy it at $48k as an impulse buy.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
fullquack
Racer

LA964RS.... the humanity..ohh..the humanity...run for your lives
Old 05-06-2009, 12:34 AM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by fullquack
LA964RS.... the humanity..ohh..the humanity...run for your lives

+2- personally the 70s were fun but good gosh I'm glad they are gone..
Old 05-06-2009, 01:25 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys done right on a pair of RS or Speedster seats it would look the ****e.....too much of the material is simply TOO MUCH....but just the seat inserts on a black or a white car w/a black interior would look f'n stunning.

But hey don't get me wrong...there ain't nothin wrong w/a plain black interior....kind of goes w/everything.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

LA96....this is gasoline not helium....
Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 AM
3.6conversion
Instructor

Originally Posted by zizu
...But I can't get over the price. I'd buy it at $48k as an impulse buy.

wonder how many cars he has been selling lately. $48 may do it. one way to find out. it was on e-bay before for around that amount....twice

i saw this blue interior in a silver body 77 930 and it was a good combination.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

i saw this blue interior in a silver body 77 930 and it was a good combination.
I saw it on a pearl white 930 I was considering and I liked it a lot.

Quick Reply: Arrow Blue 930