Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Pics of my new 930T Slantnose!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:15 AM
turboGary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! I must say that the conversion looks very good. The triple black is going to be warm in the summer for you. Hope the air works well.

Very nice, enjoy

how do you like the feel of the sport seats? they hug you well. I drove my slant for 12hrs straight once and having had 2 back serguries I was comfortable and didn't have to stop except for gas the whole time.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 AM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 168 Posts

Torres- LOOKS PERFECT- CONGRATS! I am curious- what are the ***** and gauges in fromt of the shifter, I have never seen a console like that? Were you happy with the transport co.?

Enjoy, +2 on the prettier than the 996 IMHO

Cheers, Mike
Old 01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
torresmd
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by turboGary
Looks great! I must say that the conversion looks very good. The triple black is going to be warm in the summer for you. Hope the air works well.

Very nice, enjoy

how do you like the feel of the sport seats? they hug you well. I drove my slant for 12hrs straight once and having had 2 back serguries I was comfortable and didn't have to stop except for gas the whole time.
This is my winter car and the 996TT will be my summer car. I don't think the AC will be strong enought for the summers here in Phoenix. I absolutely love the sport seats. I also have sport seats in the 996 but I must say the lateral support is better in the 930T.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:16 AM
torresmd
Racer

Originally Posted by notthd
Torres- LOOKS PERFECT- CONGRATS! I am curious- what are the ***** and gauges in fromt of the shifter, I have never seen a console like that? Were you happy with the transport co.?

Enjoy, +2 on the prettier than the 996 IMHO

Cheers, Mike
The gauges in the center console from left to right are outside temp, clock and voltage.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:56 PM
911porschefan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great looking car, absolutely fantastic, congrats with the purchase. I'm sure you will love it.

From your preivous thread about purchasing the car, I mentioned that I responded to the Autotrader ad for $10550. I just got a response from someone telling me about the car, no leaks, maintenance done etc. They went on to say they are working right now in Canada (where I am from) but they have the vehicle ready to be shipped through ebay and DAS. All they require from me is my name, address and shipping address and they will have ebay contact me to purchase the car and send me an invoice. I responded with a request for more information and am now interested to see how they reply. Maybe I will end up owning the same car and we can share it whenever I come to Phoenix, lol...........

I'll keep you posted. Sorry about going off topic, just thought you would like to know in case some idiot does send them money and they do end up with a invoice for a car with your VIN.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

OMG! What a beauty!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:45 PM
torresmd
Racer

Originally Posted by 911porschefan
great looking car, absolutely fantastic, congrats with the purchase. I'm sure you will love it.

From your preivous thread about purchasing the car, I mentioned that I responded to the Autotrader ad for $10550. I just got a response from someone telling me about the car, no leaks, maintenance done etc. They went on to say they are working right now in Canada (where I am from) but they have the vehicle ready to be shipped through ebay and DAS. All they require from me is my name, address and shipping address and they will have ebay contact me to purchase the car and send me an invoice. I responded with a request for more information and am now interested to see how they reply. Maybe I will end up owning the same car and we can share it whenever I come to Phoenix, lol...........

I'll keep you posted. Sorry about going off topic, just thought you would like to know in case some idiot does send them money and they do end up with a invoice for a car with your VIN.
Yesterday I got a email from someone that was interested in the car and about to put down a deposit. He is lucky and contacted me, via ebay and I told him to run away and report the thieves.

TT Surgeon: Thank You!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:07 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by torresmd
This is my winter car and the 996TT will be my summer car. I don't think the AC will be strong enought for the summers here in Phoenix. I absolutely love the sport seats. I also have sport seats in the 996 but I must say the lateral support is better in the 930T.
Everybody complains about the AC in these cars but I don't think its too bad and I'm in humidity central....
Old 01-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Vifa
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by torresmd
When parked next to my 996, I must say it is a better looking car.
Pics of the two cars together, please...
Old 01-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As they say on Barrett-Jackson...."Well bought". Very nice indeed.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:23 PM
torresmd
Racer

OK i will post pics of both cars together very soon.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:23 PM
torresmd
Racer

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
As they say on Barrett-Jackson...."Well bought". Very nice indeed.
Thank You sir and yes I agree!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:52 PM
torresmd
Racer

Yes I am aware of this scam. I already emailed them and told them that they belong in jail. I did not say it that nice however.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:45 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice car, congrats! Do you have any pics of the engine compartment? I may have missed another thread but what upgrades were done for the Ruf conversion? Anyway, that car looks great in black.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 PM
torresmd
Racer

RUF did not do any performance upgrades. The previous owner has installed a front mounted oil cooler, a Garret Turbo not sure which one, and cams. It has a stock intercooler. I have pretty much babied the car since I got it. I will throw it on the dyno soon so that I know the AFR's are good just for peace of mind.

Quick Reply: Pics of my new 930T Slantnose!!!