911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Coffee & Cars - pics from Sat. @ F40 Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 11:28 AM
pkrasusky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coffee & Cars - pics from Sat. @ F40 Motorsports

F40 hosted Coffee & Cars Sat., perfect weather and quite the turnout of diverse and unique examples of some very fine automobiles - as always with F40.

Porsche content: 4 of us locals met up @ varying spots on the highway and bombed down together fighterplane style in the early a.m. Quite the sight I'd say, a pair of screaming red 930s, a white GT3 with full cup car treatment - including graphics heh heh, and a 951.

Note the red '65 911 - one of the first 235 produced, all original - next to one of the last '65 356s... pretty neat:

Discovery Channel HD was there again filming another episode of "Chasing Classic Cars", next thing we know they're asking us who came in the gaggle of Porsches. Our ubercheezy interview should air sometime come fall - brace yerselveses - being put on the spot on camera... not my fortay heh heh. Gotta say our lineup did seem to attract a good steady flow of ooglers, and when we all pulled out together @ noon it seemed to be quite the scene.

Anyway... sorry, please ignore the coupla wedding shots @ the end - I had an Audi friend's nuptials in NY afterward.

Good timez here in CT - alwayz 8-). Hope you enjoy:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pkrasusk...ortsCoffeeCars

-Paul
www.krasusky.photos.us.com
Old 05-19-2008, 12:07 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Paul,

Nice pics and a way-cool mix of cars.. looks like you guys are having some serious fun up north. Been up that way a few times myself chasing exotics and/or parts thereof.. Peter Sweeny, and a few others come to mind!

Paul
Old 05-19-2008, 12:18 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

Thanks Paul!

How'd you like that glass 308? Great color 8-).

The best part of those gatherings there is the lack of pretention. All just car guys who can and do appreciate anything / everthing else there. Nothing bothers me more than when "that" is not present. I hate narrow minded snobs.

The rides there / back were beyond hilarity.

-Paul
Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

The gentleman from F40 sure had a nice hour long commercial on Discovery- it was on yesterday again. He seems like a good guy who knows his stuff.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:49 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

Neat Jim - any idea what it was called? I'll have to check my cable system and see if I can catch that. Thanks.

Owner is Wayne Carini and you nailed it - he's a really down to earth guy, and *extremely* knowledgeable. It doesn't hurt that he's beyond well-connected... seems he's had his hands involved in a little of this that and everything over the last 30yrs. Amazing. Some serioulsy significant cars he's been part of certainly. Done some notable resto's for Pebble Beach, Amelia Island, Greenwich Concourse, etc. It's really cool having him local here.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:25 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

The show is called "Monterey Week" and it's on Discovery HD channel. I cannot figure out how to get the site to give dates and times, but maybe you have a search function on your cable?

http://dhd.discovery.com/tv-schedule...343.120007.0.0
Old 05-19-2008, 03:10 PM
pkrasusky
Racer

Great thanks - first I have to see if my provider even gives me Discovery HD! 8-) Will have a look...

-Paul

Quick Reply: Coffee & Cars - pics from Sat. @ F40 Motorsports