WTB low mile 930

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:55 PM
1985ruf
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default WTB low mile 930

Hey guys,

I have decided to buy a 930 but a blue one. Does anyone have any leads they can share with me? PM me if it's easier. I have the cash and I am a serious buyer and will not waste your time.

Thanks very much,
Jim
Old 04-06-2008, 01:38 PM
1985ruf
Rennlist Member

anyone?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

There's a blue 79 on Ebay right now - 39k on the clock. Are you looking for any particular MY? This one has some modifications, but it might be worth a look. Hopefully he's not trying to use the old "It has 39k because that's how many miles I've put on it since the rebuild" dance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-...em230239654821

FWIW, the last no-stories low-mileage blue example I spotted was over a year ago. It was an 87 (so the darker "marine/ocean blue metallic" shade), with mileage in the mid 30s. The asking price was ~$35k. If the miles are legit, I'm betting this 79 will nudge up against $30k.

One other thing - a lot of the blue cars have the linen interior, which is notrious for being difficult to keep from looking ratty. GL!

Micah
Old 04-06-2008, 03:49 PM
1985ruf
Rennlist Member

I saw that one but the miles didnt appeal to me and tan interior was not my choice. Thank a bunch!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:08 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/609379794.html
Try this one with 13,000 miles in Atlanta.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:26 PM
3.6conversion
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at the blue one in Atlanta with a 930 buddy. It looked like a nice car (wife thought it was pretty) but it wouldn't start when I went to drive it. The person selling it was selling it for someone else, so he called the owner of the car who came over and looked at it. He thought there was an ignition problem and started to hit the backside of the tumbler with a screwdriver and hammer (painful to watch). When that didn't fix it, we pushed it back in the garage. It was flat bedded to a shop in Marietta, and they installed a new fuel pump etc. I talked to the tech and he thought it was a good car but really wondered what else it really needed wit h the low miles. He mentioned the cat being installed in the end ofthe tailpipe which looked odd, and a couple other things. I wanted to get more information on the maintenance history from the seller and was told the owner had a couple shops in the area that maintained the car. I couldn't get a detailed history of logged maintenace.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:06 PM
1985ruf
Rennlist Member

So what happened after that? It may be nice but if it didnt start than it has loads of problems. The fact that it didnt start means that there was seizure of the fuel system via the fuel pump etc due to the lack of inactivity for so long.

I am sure there are plenty of leaks in this thing and a billions of things to replace...40k is expensive for a sitter dont you think?

Thanks guys...should I check it out? It should now be worth around 33k.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:06 PM
hailwood
Instructor

I have mine for sale. if you are interested email me at lesliegr@comcast.net for photos.

3 owner car, 25,000 miles. i bought it two years ago with 21,000.

car has motor, tranny and trailing arm bushings, kokeln intercooler, two sets of HRE wheels, Sparco seats, Das sport roll bar, Brembo Gt kit front and rear with floating slotted rotors, cat was removed, wevo short shifter, new RSR custom valved bilstiens, new sway bars, adjustable sway bars, adj camber and toe, new RUF racing clutch. almost all of the stock parts will come with the car. fuch wheels perfect condition, turbo brakes, seats, wheel, radio ect....

Valves were done at 23,000 miles, plugs, fuel filter ect aoo done. Tranny had 3rd gear syncro redone at 24,000 miles (bad from previous owners). car is in unbelievable condition. it gets driven on the street and DE events. keeps up with most modern cars and is fun to drive. would be a great daily driver or track car.

All work done by EPE Performance in Natick Ma ( Jerry Pelligrino) and Mark Nadler from Exotech in Plasitow NH.

car can be seen locally in Concord NH.

I am selling to buy a Track dedicated car. this car is too nice to crash (which will eventually happen on the track).

Leslie Grossman
BCM Motorsports
www.BCMDUCATI.com

lesliegr@comcast.net

802.233.1333 cell

here is one
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2008, 09:19 AM
3.6conversion
Instructor

I think it is a nice car. Didn't really look heavily into the EPA/DOT documentation to see if the miles are real or close (speedo swap), but the owner said they are. I didn't see any leaks but do wonder what else it may need...but that is what a PPI will tell you. since the weather was lousy on weekends I haven't gone back tio drive it. I don't know if its still avaiable.
I think you need to look at alot of them even if it's not the color you want to get a feeler. Since this one is local that's one reason why I looked at. I must have looked at 25 or so 911s before I bought the one I have now. Is the price high? maybe that's what he's asking. It would probably pull low/mid 30s on e-bay.

Quick Reply: WTB low mile 930