911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Innovate LMA-3/LC-1 RPM question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 PM
fredseebeck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovate LMA-3/LC-1 RPM question

I just received an Innovate LMA-3 and LC-1 package and wanted to know how to wire the RPM channel using the CIS ignition wiring from my 1979 930 turbo.
I did not purchase the inductive clamp because I thought this unnecessary, tell me if I am wrong.
Was hoping someone here had done this and could explain exactly which wire to use. The tach must receive a signal from somewhere, but I would like to tap into the wiring coming from the engine compartment if possible instead of coming of the tach as I want to run all the wires thru the engine compartment firewall.
Need to know if the tach signal from the CIS system is compatible with the LMA-3 as well.
Thanks for any info.
Fred
Old 04-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search...I recall reading about this procedure and how some of the guys got the wiring thru the firewall...this was about a year ago and discussed the LM1 and other AF gauges.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:44 AM
JFairman
Racer

I don't know if the tach signal is compatable with the LMA-3, but in the engine compartment it is the little skinny black wire with purple stripe that comes out of the wire harness and goes into the CDI unit.

hope that helps.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:12 PM
fredseebeck
Intermediate

thanks for the info....
I will try and measure the voltage off that wire now that I know which one and see if it is in range of 0-5 volts.
Lets keep this thread going and see if anyone else has ideas to confirm this method.

Quick Reply: Innovate LMA-3/LC-1 RPM question