Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Another Unique Paul Champagne Creation...Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008 | 11:25 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Default Another Unique Paul Champagne Creation...Pics

Paul and Linda come through yet again! The photos do not do justice to their amazing attention to detail and craftsmanship. To say I am *VERY* impressed is an understatement.

The actual steering wheel I purchased last year from a Pelican member, who removed it from his 930. This steering wheel is a genuine Italovolanti wheel that was quite rare even back in the '80s (much less now) and quite expensive back then too. As I lived in England during this time I remember the steering wheel when they were available brand new and I probably even still have an Italovolanti original brochure from that era. Hahahaa...I am such an old skooooler!

I wanted something different and something truly unique to the Momo variants and 930S wheels and so this was the ticket.

I envisioned black Alcantara, with blood red stitching and then "Turbo" script in the middle. Paul worked his creativity and magic and made it all happen, even though it was tricky and fought him quite a bit.

Removal of the original wheel is straight forward and required a 1 1/16" socket and my impact gun and a little trimming to the OE steering cross bar to get the socket to fit. Then I transferred the signal light canceller and made a new ground wire for the horn and it was off to the races.

Stock interior pic of my car:

The new wheel from Paul Champagne:

Stock side by side with the new wheel:

The pics I snapped of it installed in the car are way too overexposed (and do not do the wheel any justice) so I can take some this weekend and share it if you guys like.

Regards - Yasin
Old 03-21-2008 | 09:14 AM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Very sharp! I'd like to see a pic when you get it mounted.
Old 03-21-2008 | 10:21 AM
notthd
Rennlist Member

WOW- you really are old Skool... I cannot wait to see it in the car. BTW your interior looks too clean, do you actually drive that car? Just kidding...... Thanks for the pics and keep them coming-

cheers Mike
Old 03-21-2008 | 12:04 PM
Olli
Racer

Looks great! And your car looks brand new inside too...
Old 03-21-2008 | 07:35 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Yasin,

Beautiful. I love Italvolanti wheels and searched for them when I had my Slantnose. Wound up with three, one of them wood. They're a classic special Porsche look that feel great, are authentic, and you don't see them often.

Enjoy it!

Last edited by Jastx; 08-03-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2008 | 04:09 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Nicely done Yasin, Porsche relevant with the cloisonne and all.

Quick Reply: Another Unique Paul Champagne Creation...Pics