Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

no-start during "warm start" - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by equality72521
Easiest way to find out if the accumulator is bad is to disconnect the bottom hose on the accumulator. If fuel comes out the diaphragm is bad. Do this on a cold engine of course.
Thanks for the input (sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread from pkrasusky!). I think maybe I'll check out the accumulator as suggested, and hold off on driving in the plug on the WUR. Could be something as simple as the cold start injector or thermotime switch malfunctioning too, with regards to my weird start symptoms. Oh, sometimes even after many days sitting, she'll start right up with a half-second of cranking and idle as it should. I've just learned to live with it and probably won't even bother to troubleshoot until failure occurs (easier to find, especially when it's intermittent).
Old 03-18-2008, 10:30 AM
pkrasusky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Houghton
Thanks for the input (sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread from pkrasusky!). I think maybe I'll check out the accumulator as suggested, and hold off on driving in the plug on the WUR. Could be something as simple as the cold start injector or thermotime switch malfunctioning too, with regards to my weird start symptoms. Oh, sometimes even after many days sitting, she'll start right up with a half-second of cranking and idle as it should. I've just learned to live with it and probably won't even bother to troubleshoot until failure occurs (easier to find, especially when it's intermittent).
Oh no Mark - not at all... as ^that^ symptom/reply carries same here on my '87, the sometimes initial idle sputter.

Thanks for the additional detail gents, and apologies for my apparent er redundancy in asking or lack of searching I guess. I'm naht dat smaht sumtimez remember, and sorry I'm busy chasing my kids - I forget much, much. I'll search the archives, in addition to pursuing the generous thoughts offered above.

Tx again guys. Good luck Mark. Your idea of mounting an in-line check valve and leaving the worn FP one reside sounds intriguing to my nontech savi-ness. And I'm in saaaaaame boat / thought as you - my symptoms are like yours in frequency... some days fine, can & will easily live with 'some' bs stubborness 8-). Heck I have an Audi and a Triumph I better be good with stubborn. Good to know what it's all about for the inevitable, but for now I'm not about to throw parts at it and can live with secret handshake starting procedure in the odd times it acts up.

-Paul
www.krasusky.photos.us.com

Quick Reply: no-start during "warm start" - thoughts?