911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

FINALLY IT'S LEGAL TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by kens911
as soon as get a few over on the beach preferably with some half dressed women on it I'll post them
"half dressed"? go all the way and help a brother out...
Old 12-20-2007, 09:12 PM
attyjeff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey another one in florida.........good job.....dmv can be a pain in the rear.........
Old 12-23-2007, 09:56 PM
abolfaz
Racer

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Stay the hell away from German Auto Dismantlers! Thats the same crook that used to own PAP, he's screwed me several times on parts that were supposed to be perfect. First with the purchase of 7 G50 transmissions that were supposed to be "perfect", they ended up having cracked and rewelded cases, one from a water car and one from a burned car, his response was "what do you expect, they came from wrecked cars". Next was a "perfect" tan 968 interior that I paid top $ for, when it arrived it was TOTAL GARBAGE and he refused to give me the money back. Suffice to say the $3k he F-cked me on the interior cost him over a hundred grand over the next year...
Old 12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
kens911
Burning Brakes

when the parts were originally bought by the previous owner it was still pap apparently he has changed the name several times and moved.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:11 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

PAP? Isn't Joe Cogbill the owner? I though they were up in Ohio (formerly GA for many years).
Old 12-31-2007, 04:27 PM
turbobrat930
Racer

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
PAP? Isn't Joe Cogbill the owner? I though they were up in Ohio (formerly GA for many years).

Cogbill used to be the owner of PAP... he sold the name, and moved from the old location a little further away from ATL... but still in GA and opened up GAD... German Auto Dismantlers...
Old 01-01-2008, 08:03 PM
kens911
Burning Brakes

that was my understanding i called pap originally they told me they were under different ownership. then gave me the name and number of GAD. sounded like they were used to getting complaints about the prevous owners.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
CaptBirdeFPR
Track Day

Originally Posted by kens911
Well after 6 yes 6 trips to the dmv and finally threats to decide it in court I now have tags on my car. I would like to thank every one here who helped while it was being restored, I would also like to thank the couple people on here who helped me find one of the previous owners who supplied me with some needed documentation. I would also like to Give a special thanks to German Auto Dismantlers Who provided a BOGUS vin number with the rear deck lid they sold to the previous owner, and their absolute refusal to look up the paper work for the correct vin number when they were called about it. which cost me additional time and then had to go find another deck lid. Not to worry Florida DMV now thinks they sold stolen parts so I am sure they will be providing documentation to them that they wouldn't provide to me.
hey,
i have a similar problem right now with the New Jersey DMV, I own a 1988 944 turbo S that my dad bought from the dealership in 1987. what happend is my dad brought the car with us to germany where the german jerks put another VIN number on front right tire fender (now i have 2 VIN's on the car) and they also took the american title.

long story short they think the car is stolen.
any suggestions?
Old 01-02-2008, 09:21 PM
kens911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CaptBirdeFPR
hey,
i have a similar problem right now with the New Jersey DMV, I own a 1988 944 turbo S that my dad bought from the dealership in 1987. what happend is my dad brought the car with us to germany where the german jerks put another VIN number on front right tire fender (now i have 2 VIN's on the car) and they also took the american title.

long story short they think the car is stolen.
any suggestions?
unless you have the documentation from germany you might be screwed. The final thing that made the dmv decide to title it was the threat to fight it in court. then the guy reaized being an *** wasnt going any farther they relented.

Quick Reply: FINALLY IT'S LEGAL TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!