Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Better Bodies... Is This A joke?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Bernard
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better Bodies... Is This A joke?

I wanted to order a set of C2/4 bumpers until I read this. http://www.betterbodiesmotorsport.com/ordering.htm they seem to cover their a$$ well but don't seem to care about their customer's.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:21 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why I will never do business with them again (and shouldn't have in the first place). That BS about fraud is mind boggling. They ship out crap, customers complain, want their money back and BB doesn't want to credit them. Once they have your cash, it's gone.

They sent me a 3.8 tail that was a piece of crap. It was broken in several places and an incredible amount of work to be done to make it look half way decent. It was not broken in shipment, but broken BEFORE shipment. I had to pay to get it to me, pay to get it back to them and pay a re-stock fee. I got back like fifty cents on the dollar.

Long story made short. If they don't take credit cards, don't do business with them.

Originally Posted by Bernard
I wanted to order a set of C2/4 bumpers until I read this. http://www.betterbodiesmotorsport.com/ordering.htm they seem to cover their a$$ well but don't seem to care about their customer's.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Try Getty. I heard MA Shaw gets his parts from them, but who knows. GT Racing makes parts that are better for racing from what I've heard, but the tail I got from them after BB was nice.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:24 PM
DDD
Pro

Another guy bought a tail off them and the rear lip was all warped and flimsy.

Some people have gotten the occasional good piece from those guys, but I have easily heard just as many complaints.

Getty supplies most of the parts for TRE motorsports, MA Shaw and some of GT racing's parts. They are a great place to start if you want fiberglass.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Olli
Racer

Well, I ordered a 993 Center Console from them today. Let's see when it arrives on Sept 20. Had to request for some custom molding at the back end of it. They did not add on any extra charges. So far so good, but I have yet to see the item. I did see one in a local 930S car and that one looked and felt good.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Bernard
Pro

I'm only interested in their bumpers so I can't see it being way off. I guess one way around it would be to see if they supply their kits to other vender's which accept credit cards.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:29 AM
turbobrat930
Racer

I'm only interested in their bumpers so I can't see it being way off. I guess one way around it would be to see if they supply their kits to other vender's which accept credit cards.

I had bought my GT-2 style c-2 turbo front bumper from them about 7 years ago. I had it made in CF, instead of FG. I had to pay it in full before they even started to make it ( which I can understand as a CF part is expensive). However, as it was deemed a "special order", if I was not happy, I was out of luck. I think it took them about a month, but when the piece arrived, I was NOT a happy person. It took me close to 60 to 80 hours of wetsanding and polishing just to look like the piecies I get from M.A.Shaw out of the box. The piecies I purchased from M.A.Shaw were all in CF and included both doors, both front fenders, hood, GT-2 tail, and C-2 side skirts.... All of which, when pulled out of the box, looked PERFECT, and actually bolted up and fitted quite well. The BB bumper was another story. I had to modify the upper lip, and I felt like the demensions were wrong, as when it was on, it needed ALLOT of tweeking to get it to look right. Now that it is one, It has held up well, and they were the only ones making that front bumper... so I could not go with anyone else. When I called them to discuss with them the problems that I was having, and the unfinished condition of the part.... ( I left the carbon with the clear gelcoat, I did not paint it), they stated....Sorry, but it is a custom part...and would not discuss it further. That one experiance has soured me from ever doing business with them again.
Even If I was going to paint the part, it still would have needed 40 or more hours of prep work to get it ready for paint.... Hell, the part surface was soo rough, I had to start with 40 grit paper to knock it down!!!!!!!!

just my .02 cents, but if I were you, I would contact M.A. Shaw, Getty design, or a few other places..... and forgo that shop...until they get their act together... Oh, and why in this day in age doesn't a shop have a CC machine??? Probably, because it is easier to dispute the charges and get your money back if there is a problem. With a wire transfer or a Money order, cashiers check, etc....once its theirs...its gone!!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:01 AM
DDD
Pro

Another way around would be to buy the exact same style bumper from one of the reputable shops mentioned above.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:28 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getty.....Arnolds stuff FITS!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 AM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

If you must buy from Better Bodies, and they no longer accept credit cards. You should try to pay with a U.S. Postal Money Order. With these there is some recourse.... if they don't send the parts, part is damaged and they don't aknowledge, one can file a claim with the Postal Service. Once that name starts to really show up on the radar, Postal Inspectors will ivestigate and they'll no doubt be brought up on mail fraud charges!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:52 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

I asked a Postmaster about a USPO money order for parts and he said there was not much they could do. Maybe the guy was wrong, but I'm sticking to credit cards.

Originally Posted by onboost
If you must buy from Better Bodies, and they no longer accept credit cards. You should try to pay with a U.S. Postal Money Order. With these there is some recourse.... if they don't send the parts, part is damaged and they don't aknowledge, one can file a claim with the Postal Service. Once that name starts to really show up on the radar, Postal Inspectors will ivestigate and they'll no doubt be brought up on mail fraud charges!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Bernard
Pro

I left an email for Getty design, waiting for a reply.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Bernard
Pro

Heard back from Getty today. Here's what I've decided to do, go with Better Bodies on the rear because they offer it in 3 piece with no cut outs for the exhaust, Getty doesn't. Armando has been very helpful and I was insured fitment wont be an issue. I will go with Getty for the front bumper and splitter.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:38 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the different companies that I have talked to, the mounting bracket and impact support are not included and some of them use a simple angle iron bar molded into the bumper for the whole support system. I would check before I ordered because if there is not a good foundation for support molded in, then you will be forced to modify the bumper. Other companies like NRauto use a molded metal bracket that resembles the OEM system.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:51 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Grasshopper, learn for the master. Go with anyboody but BB.....

I'm wondering how you are going to mount a 3 piece rear end and make it look good? Lots of brackets/attachements? A one piece would be stronger and easier to fit IMHO. Ask Getty if they can make you one w/o the cutouts.

Quick Reply: Better Bodies... Is This A joke?