She awakes from her slumber

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Lexlyf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She awakes from her slumber

Hello All.

I was able to fire her up earlier this evening, as I haven't driven the NWTYNYN (plates on order "naughty nine") since Feb/March. It has been some time since I last posted, but I took the liberty in providing the attached. What's funny is that my neighbors never really come/stay outside for long, but they all came out to see her in all her glory.

All seemed well, with exception of a rpm sync rhythmic tapping (valves?). I made a short 45-sec vid of the tapping @ idle, but I'm looking for somewhere to post the vid free other than youtube. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Attached Images   
Old 08-24-2007, 03:29 AM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Lexlyf, welcome back how have you been?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Cajun
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lookin' good!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Bernard
Pro

Looks great Can you give me some info on your bumpers? Who makes them? Did you install them? If so how hard was it? Thanks
Old 08-24-2007, 10:49 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great to see you back on the boards!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Lexlyf
Instructor

Originally Posted by schnele
Lexlyf, welcome back how have you been?
Mmmm. I could complain, but I guess any day that you can wake up and put air into your lungs is technically a good day. Everything else from then on is icing on the cake.

Even though I haven't really posted in the past year plus, I'm still lurking around keeping myself informed...promising Stephen every once in a while that I'm going to get back to Kansas to at least EFI (lol! Hey Stevie!). Let me know if you ever get back to the DC area.

Originally Posted by Cajun
Lookin' good!
Why, thank you sir.

Originally Posted by Bernard
Looks great Can you give me some info on your bumpers? Who makes them? Did you install them? If so how hard was it? Thanks
I get this question a lot and your answer lies here: www.betterbodies.com The kit really flows well on this car and the paint really "pops" even better in person. Remember these pics I took were pretty much immediately after pulling her out of the garage & going for a quick spin. The car had been under cover in my detached garage untouched since Feb/March of this year. I really took my time trying to acquire a 930, as I really wanted to get it right the first time and I've always been happy w/ this acquisition. There is a respectable list of "goodies" in it as well besides the kit.

I'll post more pics later today.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:02 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Man..

Beautiful car.. I'm glad to se some of you metro area guys popping-up on the board. Didn't know there were so many of us around. We'll have to plan a "Turbo Get Together" sometime .

I put the same side skirts/rockers on a car I built several years ago.. (gold narrow body car with Ruf bumpers.. still in the area) they are some work huh!

Congrats..

PAul

Trending Topics

Old 08-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Lexlyf
Instructor

Originally Posted by onboost
Man..
Beautiful car.. I'm glad to se some of you metro area guys popping-up on the board. Didn't know there were so many of us around. We'll have to plan a "Turbo Get Together" sometime.
PAul
Definitely. I actually wouldn't mind having a small contingent (10 cars or less) get together @ my place. I'm in Brandywine and the views on these country roads are very scenic. I like to be humble, but I do have more than enough "paved" driveway to handle 25+ cars. It can be really informal. Besides, I really need a hand from a fellow local P-car faithful that can help diagnose this tapping noise that I'm experiencing.

Let me know...shoot me some PM.

Marken.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:05 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Streetfire.net has a pretty easy and good setup for auto related video.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:24 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

Hello fellow MDer; any chance you want to come up to the Chesapeake Challenge in September?

http://www.pcachs.org/events/cc38/cc38.html
Old 08-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Lexlyf
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimculp
Streetfire.net has a pretty easy and good setup for auto related video.
I knew someone would have a brighter idea than me. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Originally Posted by dholling13
Hello fellow MDer; any chance you want to come up to the Chesapeake Challenge in September?
http://www.pcachs.org/events/cc38/cc38.html
I would only attend if I can get this tapping noise diagnosed and remedied soon. I'm getting ready to upload my video onto streetfire.net pretty soon. I actually frequent Columbia, MD, as I have a good friend and business associate relatively close to 175/95 corridor behind all those shops.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:46 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

looks like that cars owes its great looks to alot of benjamins. nice!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Lexlyf
Instructor

Default Finally!!

OK. Thanks to "jimculp," I was able to load the video of the tapping noise I'm experiencing.

Check it out: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...9400fcee47.htm

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:19 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexlyf
Definitely. I actually wouldn't mind having a small contingent (10 cars or less) get together @ my place. I'm in Brandywine and the views on these country roads are very scenic.
Marken,

I know exactly where that is.. Southern MD has some grat roads.. we'll have to talk about that and see what we can put together.. Sept and early Oct seem to be full of club related events already.

As Drew stated.. the Chesapeake Challenge in September would be a great event to meet at. Hopefully I'll be driving a car with the correct Horse on it!!

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I've got a buddy over in the Ft. Washington, MD area that's a factory Porsche Tech.. maybe the two of you could link-up somewhere and he could take a listen to the tap. PM if interested and I'll try to get the two of you together.

Paul
Old 08-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Lexlyf
Instructor

Some more pics.
Attached Images       

Quick Reply: She awakes from her slumber