911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Adjusting A/F in CIS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 12:34 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting A/F in CIS

I have a wide band O2 sensor and above 5400 I am running(12.7-12.9) lean. I have Brians WUR and soliniod. I have my midrange at 11.3 to 11.7. I am happy with that. Should I adjust my fuel head to get more fuel up top or should I have my WUR adjusted.I also had my fuel head modified by Imagine auto for more flow. I am just about there. I am very mechanically inclined so I would like to adjust it myself, if I can. Thanks John
Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 PM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd continue to play with what you have. I have the IA fuel head in mine and I purchased it 'cuz I was in there with a total rebuild with some other mods...figured what the hell. It was frustrating to control all of the gas at first, until I installed Brian's products, but now I think this fuel head probably saved my *** (from running lean) during all of the tuning that I under went...I ALWAYS had plenty of juice! So for that, I'm thankful to have had it!!!

I'm currently running the 4,400 chip in my RPM solenoid and if I were you, would look to make adjustments to the full boost enrichment on Brian's WUR (the large disc on the underside of the WUR). In my case, I had to continue to lean things out a little bit at full boost. YMMV.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:16 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

sand_man, I do not have a vacuum/pressure gauge. I assume I would need one of those. I also assume I want to raise the full throttle pressure. Can I just adjust it and then go for a ride and see how it is or do I definetly need the vaccuum gauge. Thanks John
Old 07-07-2007, 04:48 PM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JBrown
sand_man, I do not have a vacuum/pressure gauge. I assume I would need one of those. I also assume I want to raise the full throttle pressure. Can I just adjust it and then go for a ride and see how it is or do I definetly need the vaccuum gauge. Thanks John
I think the gauges are a must, but if you're careful and make small adjustments, I suppose you could rely on your AFR readings from your wide band sensor. At any rate:

Lowering pressure = RICH
Increasing pressure = LEAN

So in the case of full throttle enrichment, you push the insert on the bottom of the WUR to go LEAN (strike it with a soft drift) and back it out to go RICH. Brian should have included some hardware to help back the disc out.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:37 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

thanks sand_man

Quick Reply: Adjusting A/F in CIS