Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Interior reupholster - recommendations / change color?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:55 PM
RodR
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior reupholster - recommendations / change color?

I have an '88 930 cab, and the original interior needs some help. I've seen recommendations for autosintl, worlduph and gaah. I live in NJ (near Philadelphia) and would prefer a local shop do the work. I'm open to recommendations as far as shops and suppliers.

Also, my car is Guards red w/ a champaign interior (black dash). I'm considering going to an all black interior, or cork (oooh, love that cork!). Anyway, I was wondering about what everyone thinks about how a color change would impact the value of the car (vs keeping the original champaign color).

Thanks!

-Rod
Old 06-20-2007, 04:15 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

i have red/champagne. If you like champagne Id keep it. Its not easy to find (tho not as rare as cork) and you dont see it often. Most are black or tan or lobster. I personally love the red/champ combo. Might be cheaper not to completely switch colors too.

From a resale point of view, I think it might hurt it some. You are going from a hard to find combo thats well received as it is, so changing may not just affect resale a bit for someone wanting an original color combo, but it may affect the ability to just sell it if the new color is not well received. I wouldnt change the color if it were me unless it was an even more off-the-wall color that worked equally well. I wouldnt do it to go to black or red.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
aeschen
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I dont think a color change is a big deal for the value, unless it is an absolutely original "survivor car". I recently redid the interior of my car. I took the seats to a highly regarded local shop and had them recover in domestic material for 1200$ I purchased some great condition but used items (rear deck visors etc) on rennlist whioch were navey blue and had them dyed black. Finally< I had the carpet on the rear seats replace, I didnt spring the extra 200$ for the turbo embroidery however. The bottom line is the inside of my car looks nearly new for less than 2k and I am pleased as punch....

Quick Reply: Interior reupholster - recommendations / change color?