911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Faulty Aftermarket Boost Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

911Rudy...

1) I am not being argumentative at all. I am merely trying to get my own head around how these engines work.

2) Please do me the favor and never respond to another one of my posts if you are going to continue to use the same 'goddamn' condescending tone.

Thanks to everyone else who has posted constructive responses.

Regards
Old 04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rudy is very helpful and very knowledgable. He just got upset because you are not doing what we all advised.

Good luck.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:46 AM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I apologise for my bad post and would like to explain. I had been to a Mexican party and had one too many Marguritas and was being chewed out by my wife for over indulging. When I got home I was in a bad mood and was looking for anything to cross me. Your questions about your boost gage problem was the straw that broke my will to exhibit any social restraints and I unleashed on you. I try not to post when I have been down the alcohol highway but sometimes the over indulgence makes that impossible. As far as your boost gage problem goes, hook the Goddamn thing up to the brake booster!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 AM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a fun party you went to. We are going to a fancy dress party in June, not sure what we are wearing yet though.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:21 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Rudy -

Lets just consider it water under the bridge... but thanks for the note. Gauge has actually always been hooked up to the brake booster (so I learned once I tore the trunk apart). My questions were mostly related to the actual connections included in the Performance products kit.

Ultimately I ended up just swapping the gauges and leaving the existing plumbing to see what would happen. The erratic needle swings are now gone, however the new gauge still showed 1.3 B of boost.

After talking through the syptoms and my particular set up withy Stephen Kasper I ended up re-installing my TiAL (this time with a 0.5 B spring) as well as my HKS EBC. After playing with the settings I now have it set to 1.0B and it is holding strong (as confirmed by the EBC... the new gauge reads just a tad higher).

Unfortunately the damn gauge is still noisy at certain times which is driving me nuts. I'll most likely have to mail it back in for an exchange.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Faulty Aftermarket Boost Gauge?