Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

tuning CIS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:27 PM
RarlyL8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not state the question correctly. What does YOUR stage II kit consist of?
Did you purchase all of the items listed on the iA site? Anything else?
There is no mension of a ported fuel head, was that added sepparately?
Old 03-25-2007, 03:33 PM
ZX3tuning
Instructor

that is why i mentioned it seperately....

Stephen,
no black smoke which is why i think it's a fuel cut... it could be overboosting and causing the wastegate to dump but that usually produced a much different effect, no?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:05 PM
mark '87 930
Instructor

Why don't you wire a couple of $0.25 lights/leds (like these in the pic.) to your relays in your trunk and find out if your fuel pumps are cutting out.. then you'll know it's a fuel issue for sure..

I did this last year to figure out why the car stopped dead in it's tracks after some bumps on the road (I knew it was electrical, just didn't knwo where). It took me no more than 15mins to wire up (took longer to go get the wiring, lights, and connectors) and after I went for a boot, I knew right away I was having a fuel issue as the lights went out after I hit my first bump..

I finally traced it to my overboost switch connector.. but at least it gave me a direction to start looking in.

Wire one light for each pump.. or just do the one in tha back (fuel pump two/AKA first relay in your box) as they are pretty much wired together. Wire it to ground and the other to post 87, go for a boot and see if it remains on or not. I wired mine so it just under the knee pad under the dash, that way, even in daylight, you could see the light on or off.

Best of luck. (sorry for the long post)
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: tuning CIS