Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Wow! Eddie Bello Is Back..Pics of His New 1153whp 964!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007 | 09:39 PM
origyns
Banned

Editted.

Last edited by origyns; 03-09-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2007 | 09:43 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

I started this thread with GREAT excitement and REALLY awesome intentions. With this thread I am (or rather "was") really excited to see the power potential of our cars and thought I would share my findings with the community over here.

Eddie has always commanded my respect from many many years ago when he had the Toyo Tires 964 and I am elated to see that things in his life are moving full speed ahead (pardon the pun) - truly exciting really.

Like Adam Saruwatari back (and a few others) in the day, Eddie really helped open the eyes of the American Public, to show that drag racing is not just about BigBlockChevys, Holleys and a Weiand 'Charger. On other words these folks were true Pioneers, choosing unusual (import) platforms, using technology and pushing the envelope to a new unchartered area. Eddie made it more enjoyable for us, as he did this with a car we all (on this forum) identify with - a Porsche 911 and the cake topper was he did it by driving 1000+ miles to the track, doing his sub 10second passes , and then turning around grabbing a Coke and then another 1000 miles home.

Many of the original Import drag racing Pioneers are no longer in the sport, but its great to see that Eddie is back and ready to pick-up where he left off (and then some!).

My point? With this thread, it just disappoints me that what started off as an "upbeat and fun thread" with praise and awe to Eddie, has taken an undeserving attack and hence a spiral turn down with respected senior members on here taking swings and making the conversation puerile and the thread ridiculous.

Its easy to get sucked into a situation, but I thought we were mature enough to be above that here on this forum?

I shake my head....

Yasin
Old 02-28-2007 | 09:57 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by origyns
lol well nothing more to talk about. The shop isn't going to happen probably, lack of a location among other things, the car will be put up for sale after I do an extensive photography session, couple lil more vids and thats it.
Translation : you came here to pimp a new shop with this rolling advertiser super car and now it ain't happening plus you don't like what you hear here so now you are pulling tail and requesting thread delete ? LOL
Old 02-28-2007 | 10:44 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by slownrusty
My point? With this thread, it just disappoints me that what started off as an "upbeat and fun thread" with praise and awe to Eddie, has taken an undeserving attack and hence a spiral turn down with respected senior members on here taking swings and making the conversation puerile and the thread ridiculous.

Its easy to get sucked into a situation, but I thought we were mature enough to be above that here on this forum?

I shake my head....

Yasin
Dear Yasin,
If you go through the sequence of posts here, you will see that there has been no undeserving attack, we are here on a tech forum to discuss car things, and if someone sees something unrealistic being said, he can/should comment and debate or else let us switch the TV on and argue with our kids about their school grades.

I and many others have always admired what he has achieved and no one has taken this merit away from him, it doesn't mean that one has to accept anything being thrown at him just because he is the fastest Porsche drag racer.
It is not usually what we do here is it.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. At least there is merit for all the sides involved in having kept the conversation in a decent tone, which is more that can be said about many other heated debates.

Origyns has PM'd me and I thank him for it. There are no hard feelings here, I hope whatever disagreements exist between Tom and them get resolved and they can have a new beginning and use their talents to help others achieve their goals.

With that said you have the possibility to close the thread whenever you want.

Jean
Old 02-28-2007 | 11:31 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Yasin - Jean summed it up well. I said that this is no doubt a fast car and Eddie deserves some praise. But to bally about a lofty claim (and I would consider more hp than the 917/30 pretty lofty) and then not be able to provide any backup whatsoever. I think we are just asking for some kind of data. Drag ETs, time slips, dyno charts, video where you can actually see the gauge, AX22 data...anytime really.

I believe that we as the members of rennlist, must uphold the integrity of the information posted here. I we wanted a bunch of non-factual data, I'd go and read roadfly. At this point, devoid of any real facts, I think that this car falls into the "extremely fast but nothing unheard of" category. Yes it is a super fast car, but nothing that different than Jean, Marco or several others have done before.

And if you think this is puerile, you should read the GhettoRacer threads. I thought that the thread pretty much stayed on point, but that's just my opinion.
Old 03-01-2007 | 12:14 AM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by pole position
Translation : you came here to pimp a new shop with this rolling advertiser super car and now it ain't happening plus you don't like what you hear here so now you are pulling tail and requesting thread delete ? LOL
Spoken as delicately as usual...lol... but on the mark. Kevin
Old 03-01-2007 | 08:31 AM
origyns
Banned

Editted.

Last edited by origyns; 03-09-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-01-2007 | 09:23 AM
Tom996
Intermediate

To all I apologize,

This is a tec/info forum which is a powerfull tool for us to share info. I had a big problem with Mr. Bello. You just cant do wrong & expect people to stay shut! maybe I could've been a little more tame, but I wasnt for that I Apologize!
I would never say or discredit anybody that did not diserve it! that's not what I am about. I would not want any Rennlist member to fall into my situation! I would of loved to be warned before I got screwed, but I wasnt! I will not allow Mr Bello to come out after four years & think everything is OK. this just wont work.
Matt (orygins) is a good person spoke to him for a good while & he understood my situation. I have NOTHING against Matt! LIke i told him, Its not his problem to make right it's bello's. Just dont fall in the trap with this rat! I thank him for understanding! I dont know if my phone call made him change his mind about the shop, but if it did GOOD FOR YOU! Do it right on your own, than to inherit somebody elses problems.
Yes maybe I can go to court, do this, do that but when the Guy has nothing theres really nothing you can do, but warn others of your mistake! I'm nothing but a gentlemen & maybe it was mistaken for weakness! Big mistake! Again all is well with Matt & I . The problem is with Bello. I hope you guy's understand.
Again I apologize.

Tom

Last edited by Tom996; 03-05-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2007 | 11:35 AM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

I was reading this thread from the start and was truly excited to hear about the new car.
But 670 rwhp @ 1Bar is kinda hard to believe given all the circumstances (pump gas, aircooled 2valve). Maybe I didn't notice but does it have twin-plug? If not, that makes it even more difficult to achieve.

What's the point of the pissing contest when we don't have neither engine dyno chart nor new trap speed+ET?

Anyway, best of luck to Eddie and it really would have been better if he himself told about that new engine.
Old 03-01-2007 | 04:28 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimculp
No, no, don't delete anything- we finally have an interesting thread!
\

Yep +10
Old 03-01-2007 | 04:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
THis was really unnecessary

the point was already made
Old 03-20-2007 | 11:46 AM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Another drag car- "It's Fun II"

http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...f60066266c.htm
Old 03-20-2007 | 08:50 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

The entire build was documented on Pelican, really wild stuff. Those guys are not afraid to put saws to use on anything.
Old 03-20-2007 | 09:10 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Why did origyns delete all his posts?
Old 03-20-2007 | 10:29 PM
origyns
Banned

Any q's can be pm'ed to me. I'm no longer affiliated with Eddie Bello. Long story.

Quick Reply: Wow! Eddie Bello Is Back..Pics of His New 1153whp 964!!