Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

anyone have Garrettson I/C info?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 12:40 AM
jetskied
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The garretteson/ andial unit is kind of old school. Their are many aftermarket ones that are suppose to be better if you are talking stock replacement. The question really comes down to what is the application you are using it for. I do have the andial long neck version and it works great for a milder motor like I have, but if you are doing something like an EFI or something with a lot more boost then the resident expert Stephen is the man to talk to. FWIW I have heard about the nightmares of the blown six stuff and it begs me to wonder is these suppose better design are worth it. The andial unit bolts in easy and works. FWIW I would stick with stuff that are proven to work. If you need a stock upgrade then go with the andial or the BB standard fit as they have years of use with few complaints.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:03 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

I will ask Stephen Kaspar to post a picture of the unit. I think its still out of the car as he is still working on a fitment issue with the fuel rails on the EFI kit and new turbo.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:28 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can not compare the unit Phil has to the smaller units. They are not in the same league. What Phil has I would take over any of the options on the table being discussed. It is based on the original C2T setup and you must use it for a core. So unless you have a C2T intercooler you wouldn't be able to just get one of these. They are double what the 965 intercooler core originally was.

I will post pics tomorrow. Also don’t forget there are several versions made by both Garretson and B&B. Certainly more so then what is being shown here.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:37 AM
AZ930
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
You can not compare the unit Phil has to the smaller units. They are not in the same league. What Phil has I would take over any of the options on the table being discussed. It is based on the original C2T setup and you must use it for a core. So unless you have a C2T intercooler you wouldn't be able to just get one of these. They are double what the 965 intercooler core originally was.

I will post pics tomorrow. Also don’t forget there are several versions made by both Garretson and B&B. Certainly more so then what is being shown here.
How much does it cost to convert a C2T i/c to the larger core?

Quick Reply: anyone have Garrettson I/C info?