On her own wheels after a year

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:35 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On her own wheels after a year

Its been a long slow process getting the old girl back down to earth but today I finally did it! I'll be taking it in after the new year for a respray. Now that I have an LM-1 hooked up and can see what I have driving around with I need some help. At idle and low-mid range the AFR is right at 13.5. At WOT it drops back into the mid to upper 12's after I richened it up with the spring loaded screw atop the intake. My question is, shouldn't the low end AFR be richer after I turned it clockwise? Also, is there a limit to how far I can turn the adjustment screw before it has no more affect or do I bottom out and can turn it no further?
On a different note, the clutch was stuck and would not engage/disengage when I got it down to the deck. I shut it off and put it into reverse and then started it up and its been fine ever since. Is there something that I might want to check or is this something that is common?
I appreciate any help you guys can give me.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You are right, clockwise richens and cc leans it out. Regarding the clutch stuck to the flywheel, you should check that your driving the car on a regular basis ... ask me how I know.

Regards, Dave
Old 12-08-2006, 09:56 AM
sand_man
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for the clutch, after a long period of no driving, they can actually rust to the flywheel, probably what you encountered.

Quick Reply: On her own wheels after a year