911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Car Covers - help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 07:52 PM
boostfix
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Covers - help?

I know nothing about car covers but like with everything else you probably get what you pay for.....

I just got my first p-car, a 1988 930, and need a car cover to store it in my carport until I get a garage built for her. West coast rain weather as I am in Vancouver BC Canada - the car will get some blown rain on it once in a while during storm conditions. Any recommendations?

Are the silver covers from Porsche any good?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-18-2006, 08:46 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

You will need an all weather cover, there are tons to chose from, check out Covercraft, Coverking etc if you want to pay extra order it from Griots Garage but if you want a good deal check out AJ USA. Good luck, if you are storing it why not rent an indoor garage space for the winter, some places offer heated storage for less that $100 per month unless you are in New York City, San Francisco or in a major metro the it will be $700 per month. Agood cover like the Noah will cost you north of $250, the silver cover are not weather resisitant and will acctually be bad four your car if it gets wet.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:17 AM
nathanUK '81 930 G50
Race Car

I noticed with a cover (I have to keep my 3.2 carrera outside) that the wind will blow the cover and then the cover can rub away at the paint scratching it

You might be better if the car is covered not to put a actual cover on it. I will only cover mine now when the sun is strong.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:06 PM
boostfix
Advanced

An all weather cover it is. Thanks for the suggestions of Covercraft and Coverking.

Quick Reply: Car Covers - help?