Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Interior Leather Care

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I second Cobalt's vote for Color Plus SOFFENER-Quick Forumula. Great stuff.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:58 AM
gaijin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bick 4 http://www.bickmore.com/bickmore/leather_care/

The key to protecting your leather works are the number of times you use a cleaning/preservative. It's like car wax. Use sparingly but often enough so you can build up layers into whatever you are treating/preserving.

The easier the product to use, the more it will be used.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an issue similar to Cobalt's...my car had been parked and covered for quite some time in the Fresno area (garage queen) where the temps run high...result was that the leather was fairly stiff and rough. I went to a custom leather car interior shop and asked the owner to look at my car and give me his advice. He recommended Dr. Jackson's Hide Rejuvinator...which sounds a lot like another name for Cobalt's stuff...comes in a round plastic container and you put it on the seats like spreading butter on bread. I ended up using several containers of the stuff...which the leather soaked up like a hungry sponge. It took me about 1 1/2 weeks of steadily applying the cream whenever the areas would look dry again...and the seats came back to life. The suppleness returned and like the product's name...the leather was "rejuvinated". The look and feel of the seats is amazing. I only wish I had done a before and after photo of the process. I now use the stuff for periodic maintenance of the leather in the other P car as well as the leather seats in the wife's car. We all seem to have our own best solution...and all I can say is that I've BTDT and I can personally vouch for the results.

Quick Reply: Interior Leather Care