911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

930 intercooler advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 06:31 PM
fredseebeck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 930 intercooler advice

Looking at upgrading to a bigger/efficient intercooler and wanted some of the opinions of the Pelican members that have gone here already:

1) Concerning intercoolers, What are the differences between a long neck and short neck cooler?
2) What are the issues with Kokeln intercoolers that I had heard were requiring some modifications to install, not a direct drop in?
3) Do I need to install a blow off valve (BOV) to replace the factory unit with the intercooler upgrades?
4) What is the benefit of the stock BOV versus aftermarket, or is there none?
5) Anyone with an intercooler from "BLOWNSIXDESIGN"?
How does it fit or install with little trouble? Quality of design and construction?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
77_390turbo
3rd Gear

The long neck is used when removing the recirculating valve, the short retians the valve. A BOV is recommended if you choose to remove the OEM recirculating valve to avoid high boost surges when the throttle is closed quickly.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:27 PM
hailwood
Instructor

Kokeln intercoolers are expensive but a good fit. i dont think any are truely bolt on but the kokeln fit 100% better than the blown six unit and you dont have to cut any sheet metal..

the B6 did not come with instructions, and when they finally emailed me the instructions, it was actually the same instructions as the koekln. they just copied them and used theirs.

the kokeln comes with everything you need and i highly reccommend it.

Quick Reply: 930 intercooler advice