Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Distributor and injector questions....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:12 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thosw were the pics I was thinking of. I'll give him a call.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

sorry but i don't recall price from marren. ...they were much higher than they originally thought. i'd just call. if i recall correctly they were the lowest cost from people i checked with.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Tom F
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't bother sending CIS injectors to Marren - they're really set up for electronic injectors, and there's nothing they can do to "rebuild" a CIS unit. I feel that Bosch intended them to have a life of 100,000 km. After that, you're better off just putting in new ones. It is expensive, but you will feel a difference. I paid over $500 for a set from Porsche. Also, Porsche supply a different number (Bosch number) from what I could find on the aftermarket. That may, or may not, be significant.

P.S. I just had a set of Motronic injectors redone by Marren (for a friend's 3.2), and they did a great job - it made a significant difference in how the car drives.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:01 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Thanks Guys.

With mechancial injectors, you're right, what can be done but clean them? I've done that, but not to the extent the do. I did recheck them last night with air adn brake cleaner and I think they are OK after all.

Originally Posted by Tom F
I wouldn't bother sending CIS injectors to Marren - they're really set up for electronic injectors, and there's nothing they can do to "rebuild" a CIS unit. I feel that Bosch intended them to have a life of 100,000 km. After that, you're better off just putting in new ones. It is expensive, but you will feel a difference. I paid over $500 for a set from Porsche. Also, Porsche supply a different number (Bosch number) from what I could find on the aftermarket. That may, or may not, be significant.

P.S. I just had a set of Motronic injectors redone by Marren (for a friend's 3.2), and they did a great job - it made a significant difference in how the car drives.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:21 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always used RC Engineering with very good luck on all my cars - CanAm, 935, GT2, etc...

They clean, rebuild and blueprint. I believe I paid about $300 but that was for 12 injectors since my system uses 2 fuel injectors per cylinder...
So maybe $150 for 6...

They also provide a system generated flow sheet that shows all the characteristics before and after.

They also list the exact type, model, impedance, and flow rates which helps when you go to replace them...

Norm
Old 08-30-2006, 06:30 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Is that for electric or mechanical injectors, Norm? I just can't see what can be done to a mech injector other than cleaning (which does't hurt).

Originally Posted by ngoldrich
I have always used RC Engineering with very good luck on all my cars - CanAm, 935, GT2, etc...

They clean, rebuild and blueprint. I believe I paid about $300 but that was for 12 injectors since my system uses 2 fuel injectors per cylinder...
So maybe $150 for 6...

They also provide a system generated flow sheet that shows all the characteristics before and after.

They also list the exact type, model, impedance, and flow rates which helps when you go to replace them...

Norm
Old 08-30-2006, 09:14 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A930Rocket,

Electronic.

They change filter screens o-rings and I believe they machine the opening for the pintle to match the flow. But check with their site to be sure...

Norm

Quick Reply: Distributor and injector questions....