911 Turbo Board is dead....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:04 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by canysmc

The ******** at Cashette.com were using automated scripts to sign up on my own web site as well. However I have email verification set up that requires a manual reply before I will approve them. Cashette would never respond however I would still see them sign up on my board.

I ended up blocking their entire domain from even registering. Put a cork in their *** real quick. Also sent an email copying the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 for them just in case they forgot.

If I remember its $250 per offense (spam email) up to $2 million.

Agreed though, that board format is a clusterphuck. If it were any slower and maniacal it would be working backwards.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:22 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The problem with boards like that is they are transient. Anytime no one has to sign in you are going to have issues like that. As much as I like Clemson he no longer owns a Porsche and I have to believe the love and desire to keep the board up to date is not there. I watch my board and let nothing through. It doesn't mean that things don’t get up there, but I watch it daily and clip anything that comes in.

John does the same thing here. I actually tried to buy the board from Clemson years ago. He wanted silly money. I just wanted the name and continue to update and move the crowd forward. Hence the reason turbo911.com came to life. I also had to buy that name from a Porsche owner in AZ.

Quick Reply: 911 Turbo Board is dead....