911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

930 Euro in the Classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 01:51 PM
jwl
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 930 Euro in the Classifieds

Does anybody know this car? $23,000 for it with 32,000 original miles...WOW!

Porsche 911 Turbo Euromodel

Category: 911/993/996 Ad Number: 5116
Price: 23000 Date Posted: 05/14/2006

Features
Year: 1985 Make: Porsche Model: 911
Miles: 32768 Engine: Turbo Stereo: AM-FM/Cassette
Body Style: Coupe Transmission: Manual - 4 speed
Color: Black/Black Drivetrain: 2 Wheel Drive

Options (denoted by check marks)
Power Steering Air Conditioning Rear Defroster
Power Brakes Sunroof Leather Seats
Air Bags Cruise Control Foglamps
Antilock Brakes Power Windows Alarm System
Traction Control Power Locks Intermittent Wipers

Description
To the racer: This car will be great at the track!
To anyone else: This Porsche is an amazing ride that makes heads turn- back when Porsche was driven by enthusiasts and not just soccer moms (no offense to the soccer moms)- back before Porsche made an SUV
I am currently downsizing and no longer have room to keep this car as it has been maintained. I had this Porsche shipped from Germany in 1985 when the 911 Turbo Carrera was unavailable in the United States. It is in mint condition, has been stored and kept in a climate controlled garage since its purchase, has all necessary paperwork including maintenance records and manuals. The car has approximately 32768 original miles. The interior and exterior are both black with Recaro seats. The only aftermarket additions are what was added to pass United States inspection as well as a radar detector. It's a 4 speed Manual Transmission with no power steering and all optional equipment (fully loaded) including two seats in the rear (3 passengers welcome). This car has a stereo system - tape deck included - but lacks a CD player (we're here to drive, not entertain anyway). This car is extremely fast- not for the amateur driver. I am asking 23,000 USD for the car and am willing to negotiate for the right buyer.
I am located near the Jersey Shore and will make arrangements to meet with you for serious inqueries only. Please contact me first via email at gonein60secs@gmail.com -and include any/all questions you may have regarding the car or just leave your number and name in the email. If you would like to call, please leave a detailed message if no one answers. My daughter, Samantha, will be handling most of the preliminary contact and she will be able to answer most- if not all- of your questions regarding the car, maintenance, etc. If you would like to speak with me, please let me know when is the best time to reach you and I will make every effort to contact you. If you would like additional pictures, please let me know.
Also, if you are inquiring about the car from out of state- I am willing to ship the vehicle at your expense. Please let me know and we can make arrangements. Again, serious inqueries only.
Please do not contact me if you are a dealership - Private buyers only.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:57 PM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Sounds fishy, does he not know what it's worth? Why were airbags and traction control listed? You never know it might be legit, I doubt it though

Power steering, anti lock brakes???
Old 05-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Seba911
Advanced

It´s going cheap... A bargain if all is well, but I agree that the advertisement is a little strange.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:50 PM
diabolos88
Racer

The post up above is very misleading. The anti lock brakes and "other" options are listed primarily by default on Renn, and if you go to the listing you will see those options are not checked as an option on the car but are still posted in the ad as unchecked options.

buyers need to take a closer look, seems like a nice deal for $23k if all leakdown#s check out okay.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:19 PM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

I'm a little cynical. Sounds awfully close to the "car is located currently in Europe, but my wife/daughter/whatever, works for a shipping company and can get it shipped back in country for free" deals to me. Although maybe they've learned from all the abuse we've given them and so raised the price of the car to a "bargain" range but one that might be more credible than the $5000 they were asking before. Then again, could be legit.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:02 PM
jwl
Rennlist Member

It certainly sounds/looks good BUT I'd what to know more about the engine and drive train. If it all checks out good somebody ought to jump on it!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:38 PM
SEW QUIK
Intermediate

Picture is fishy - don't Euro turbos have sidelights on the front fender sides? Funny how there is no option to go see the car - more fishy. Owner's story doesn't jive with someone who has had the car for any length of time (allegedly 21 years?) - most of us will start by stating what we have done, how many miles per year, how many miles on engine, tranny, etc.

Probably bought the car to flip it, or the car is not at the site. It would be interesting to see what would happen if one of us in NJ/NY said they wanted to drop by and see the car....my guess is that this guy is a dealer/broker/etc. and the car is NOT as advertised.

Quick Reply: 930 Euro in the Classifieds