911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

911 Turbo Service in or around Concord New Hampshire

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 11:48 PM
hailwood
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 Turbo Service in or around Concord New Hampshire

I am traveling to NJ next week to pick up a two owner 1986 911 turbo. car has 22,000 miles and is totally stock. who in my area would be good for general maintainence. also, if i am going to get performance work done who in the area (by area i mean from NH to Boston)?

Are there any sort of standard issues i should be aware of?

also, not that it really matters because i already committed to a price with the seller, but what is a fair price for a stock, pristine 22K car?

If anyone ever needs a Ducati, or Ducati service come see me up in Laconia,NH.

Leslie Grossman
BCM Motorsports
Old 04-23-2006, 02:09 PM
hailwood
Instructor

come on people, someone must know a few shops in the Boston/NH area??????????????
Old 04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Hi there I went to SPS in Concord for prep school and I know there are a few guys over on Pelican with 930 in your area, also someone recently sold a 930 in your area do a search it may yield some tips for you.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:12 PM
WERK-I
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hailwood
If anyone ever needs a Ducati, or Ducati service come see me up in Laconia,NH.

Leslie Grossman
BCM Motorsports
Leslie,
I can attest to BCM's excellent service and service personnel. Your group did work on my Duc 916 when I was living out in New England. Top notch.
Say high to Bruce, Suzy and the gang!

Regarding your search for Porsche service in the Boston/NH area, the best group I found in New England was Eurupean Performance Engineering (www.epe.com) in Natick, Mass. Their specialty is Porsches and do fantastic work at above average labor rates.
There is another shop in Plaistow, NH call Exotech. He did my head work on the 930. I also know he does other engine work and chassis work (such as corner balancing) and his rates are competitive.
If you go to the Pelican Parts BBS, (www.pelicanparts.com), you may find some other Porsche fanatics that live in the area. One, Chris Bennet, lives in Nashua, NH, a great guy. He may be able to point you to other shops.

Good luck with your 930, sounds like a great find.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:53 PM
hailwood
Instructor

thanks for the info. found the NE group on Pelican. i am sure over time great leads will turn up. we have amalfi racing in town but they look to be a 962 only shop. i will swing by there tomorrow and check if they will do the regular maintainence.

Dave, where are you now? not sure if you knew, but Bruce sold me the business last summer. i worked for him for two years back in 99 and 2000.

what is your last name and when i see him i will let him know.

Leslie
Old 04-24-2006, 04:10 PM
WERK-I
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hailwood
thanks for the info. found the NE group on Pelican. i am sure over time great leads will turn up. we have amalfi racing in town but they look to be a 962 only shop. i will swing by there tomorrow and check if they will do the regular maintainence.

Dave, where are you now? not sure if you knew, but Bruce sold me the business last summer. i worked for him for two years back in 99 and 2000.

what is your last name and when i see him i will let him know.

Leslie
Leslie,
Sent you a PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:07 PM
gilach
AutoX

I would easily estimate between $30-35K for the car.

Quick Reply: 911 Turbo Service in or around Concord New Hampshire