Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

any high octane gas stations in Phoenix, AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 05:27 AM
diabolos88
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any high octane gas stations in Phoenix, AZ?

wondering if any brothers in AZ know of any race gas or high octane stations in the Phoenix area.

Ever since Ive arrived here from Chicago my car has run like crap. Up in the Windy city there is 93octane available at every station. Down southwest seems 91 is the highest rating. But I think the gas quality is even questionable at that because my car has begun idling rough at cold start up and is beginning to have warm running issues.

About a week ago, at cold startup, car started spitting out dry black carbon soot from the exhaust pipes all over the garage floor. Then immediately it revs to 1800 cold for about 5minutes then goes down to 1000 as it starts warming up.

Once warm, if I shut if off, run into convenient store or whatever then start up again, it does it all over again even though it is warm and not cold.

Then there are the moments while at a stoplight when the rpms jump from 1000 to 1500-1800 for no apparent reason...then slowly come down again.
Other times it will idle fine then sink to 500-600.

what gives ? Is this crappy gas symptoms or something else?
Old 04-10-2006, 05:08 PM
JDS
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Union station at 56th St and Bell (SE corner) sells 100 octane for $6 per gallon. Alternatively, you could go to PIR on a club race weekend and get 110 race fuel. The 100 may help and you get the added bonus of the sweet smell...

Quick Reply: any high octane gas stations in Phoenix, AZ?