andial fuel inrichment installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 02:42 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default andial fuel inrichment installation

Help. I just bought an Andial enrichment sys and was wondering if any of you can help me with some of your experience. The guy I bought it from said that it was about 5 1/2 hours of install time which is ok but I was wondering if any of you discovered any "Tricks". Thanks
Rudy
Old 04-07-2006, 07:36 AM
diabolos88
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should have spent the money on Imagines fuel head mod. much better and no cutting/installing.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:32 AM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that sage advice. Anyone else with advice that does not sound like a wife?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:42 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rudy
Thanks for that sage advice. Anyone else with advice that does not sound like a wife?
Ha!

I actually have both the Andial and the IA fuel head on my turbo (hooking up my wideband this weekend to figure out just what the end result is) but unfortunately the Andial was on the car when I purchased it so I don't have any great advice. Did you get a copy of the instructions? If not I have a set floating around and can fax it over to you.

Good luck,
Old 04-07-2006, 03:16 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rob,
Thanks for the offer. I am supposed to get the instructions with the unit and will let you know if I need your copy. I also have to install my wideband at the same time as the ANDIAL and was wondering where you are going to put the probe. I have a dual tip muffler and the pipe length after the turbo is only about 5 inches long. I can't seem to find another suitable place to put it. What is your setup? Let me know how it turns out and if you discovered any shortcuts while installing it. I could have said, you should have saved your money and bought an EFI!
Ley me know how it goes.

Rudy
Old 04-07-2006, 04:55 PM
diabolos88
Racer

Originally Posted by 911rudy
hehe, didnt mean to sound like ol' IronSides.
But I also had the unit, but didnt find it useful since it just dumps gas inefficiently, thats all. goodluck with it though.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

I could use some instructions if anyone has them...TIA.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:12 PM
OSI930
Track Day

I have the instructions. I could fax them to you. Just let me know where to fax them.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the instructions hiding out in my ever-growing 930 file. Send me a PM and I'll scan a copy off to your email address. Same goes for anybody that wants a copy.

I installed the Andial setup a couple years ago (bought it used at a good price, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with this old technology). It was missing one of the banjo bolts - so I had to fabricate one of my own - and the boost pressure sensor (so I had to find one of those as wall), but other than that it was straighforward installation. Mount the control circuit board under the drivers seat and attached to the Lambda control unit (so it doesn't break loose and end up under your feet). Grab power and ground from the same source as the Lambda. The potentiometer for adjusting the amount of enrichment, I mounted on the back end of the center console (where most people mount fire extinguishers). The difficult part is running the wire(s) back to the engine. Pull up the carpet, tuck the wire along/beside the back seat so you can see it, take off the speaker shelf, drill a small hole in the metal lip directly beneath the windshield to gain access to the engine bay, and just go from there.

You also have the option of installing a small idiot light that comes on at the preset .6 BAR setting, telling you that the relay has actuated and it should be richening things up. For a light, I used an LED with a resistor in series, and attached it to my externally mounted boost gauge. The light is kind handy, since you can see it periferally and know that you've built boost to .6 BAR without taking your eyes off the road.

Does it work? According to my AFR gauge, I do see enrichment happening. It is enough? That depends on how much boost you're running. Certainly, a modified WUR and fuel head changes are the way to go nowadays, but this system isn't doing any harm and is providing an extra level of protection when you're in the boost stratisphere. Hopes this helps.....
Old 09-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the insight. It is already on the car but trying to understand it before removing. I have the Leask WuR and plan to do the RPM solenoid. After that, possibly fuel head. I wonder if there is boost switch to use the Andial for super high boost say > 1.0 bar.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Leask WUR and rpm solenoid should cover you for all boost scenarios. The Andial's only adjustment, as I'm sure you know, is a potentiometer with maybe 6 different positions to lengthen or shorten the duty cycle of the lambda valve. It will have only a certain maximum effect when it's redirecting the control head pressure back to the fuel tank, thus (with reduced pressure) increasing the mixture. The whole thing is triggered by a boost pressure switch, adjustable to your liking. Andial recommends that it be set to actuate at .6 Bar. I guess a person could get 'inventive' and try to alter the potentiometer to create even a longer duty cycle and richer result, but I don't know if it's worth the effort.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:48 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here ya go.
Attached Images   
Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
Here ya go.
I was expecting something a little more in depth but thanks!!!

Any thoughts on my idea of running the Andial at a higher boost threshhold with the Leask WUR with and without the fuel head mod. I probably should search on the fuel head but at what point does it become a limiting factor.

Thanks.

RT
Old 09-14-2007, 10:48 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Those were the same instructions I got with my ANDIAL. I looked through the box thinking I was missing something.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 PM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's a link showing the installation on RT's car (Ag02M5). It gives you a pretty good idea how it all fits together.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-turbo-forum/376919-help-identify-the-fuel-enrichment-on-my-car-please.html

Quick Reply: andial fuel inrichment installation