911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Repaint and Value?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:10 PM
neilbp
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Repaint and Value?

How much does a complete repaint affect the value of a 911 turbo? Assume the paint job is very nice and recent.
Assume the car is a $50,000 car if it still had original paint with a few minor stone chips. Everythng else being equal, how much is the car devalued,if any, with a new quality paint job showing almost no blemishes at all?
Thanks for any thoughts.
NBP
Old 03-22-2006, 04:39 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you were looking for a pure example of p car history it may hurt it, but for just a nice clean car id say the value should only fluxuate by a couple grand max. it all depends on how clean the new paint work is, IE- is there ornge peel, is the clear thick and even, were all the trim peices removed at the time and how well was the car taped off. stuff like that. is there any over spray under the car ect.

but yea i dont think it should hurt the value too much, but then agin you just have to eye f*ck a car thats been re painted to make sure nothing was painted in order to hide it like body filler or stuff like that.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:39 AM
jalexand
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is really a loaded question for it depends on many factors. I mean if you are talking about a 100% stock and original 930, presumably with low-low miles that you will treat as a museum piece, that is one thing. On the other hand if you are talking about the average car that has been driven, loaded up with a lot of expensive mod's and you intend to continue it's use in the same manner then I think the only thing to consider about a repaint is how good it is. Properly done (expensive), a fresh professional paint job on the later car would only add to it's value as opposed to the usual car that has several dings and perhaps a faded or otherwise deteriorated finish. On the other hand a poorly done paint job on any "collector/specialty" car definitely depreciates it's value.

Quick Reply: Repaint and Value?